Aroldis Chapman signs with the Yankees

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I wouldn't have disagreed that it would be probable collusion, but i also don't really have a problem for what the yankees did tbh

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
people would have been pissed if lester came back. Boston isn't exactly a loved franchise around the league.

brett05

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
people would have been pissed if lester came back. Boston isn't exactly a loved franchise around the league.
they are far from hated...they still have the loser cache upon them in many respects.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It would have been suspicious if he signed almost immediately. But he took his time, met other teams, and ultinately took the best offer. How is that collusion? How did the Yankees fuck over someone?

When the Mets got Cespedes at the deadline people speculated the Tigers might try to sign him. Nobody cried about that theory.

Idk. I get why you dont like it but i highly doubt Brian Cashman and Aroldis Chapman hatched a plan to trade Chap to a WS contender then sign him back a few months later.

If the Cubs wanted him back they coukd have matched that offer.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marlins made a competitive offer as well
Chapman simply chose new york over miami

And smartly, no other team wanted to get into the bidding. Way too much for a 60 inning reliever

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Which was the smart choice for him.

Hell, Yankee fans all assumed the team would try to sign him back the minute he was traded

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
It would have been suspicious if he signed almost immediately. But he took his time, met other teams, and ultinately took the best offer. How is that collusion? How did the Yankees fuck over someone?

When the Mets got Cespedes at the deadline people speculated the Tigers might try to sign him. Nobody cried about that theory.

Idk. I get why you dont like it but i highly doubt Brian Cashman and Aroldis Chapman hatched a plan to trade Chap to a WS contender then sign him back a few months later.

If the Cubs wanted him back they coukd have matched that offer.
Not sure how just myself stating that I don't like that this is possible is "crying", or because I somehow did not care to speculate about Cespedes means something. 

If Lester or Cespedes had actually signed with Boston or Detroit, I would have said something, especially considering I hate both of those teams more than the Yankees. 

No one knows what was actually said. What I do know is that there was instant speculation about him returning to the Yankees after he got traded, which is not a good look considering it went forward. A precedent was set, they could now just trade any free agent to be with an understanding that they'll give them a lucrative offer 3 months later. 

Again, this has nothing to do with the Cubs. I don't care that they could have matched if they wanted to. 

The NBA doesn't let teams sign players for an entire calendar year after they trade them, and it's even harder for it to happen in the NBA anyway due to salary caps. That's an actual good rule. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Youre right, i shouldnt have said you were crying.

Regardless, i dont have a problem with this and i hate the Yankees. You hate this because the NBA has a rule against it and you like that rule. Different strokes for different folks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%