Favre Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Brett Favre was hopeful about extending his consecutive start streak after he left the Green Bay Packers' 34-27 loss at Dallas on Thursday night with an injured right elbow and separated left shoulder.

Tony Gutierrez / Associated Press
Brett Favre holds his injured elbow after taking a hit from Cowboys DB Nate Jones.

Favre was hit hard while throwing a pass that was intercepted in the second quarter, leaving his status for Green Bay's next game against Oakland on Dec. 9 and his NFL-record run of 249 straight starts in question

"I think I'll be OK," said Favre, who was wearing a bandage over his right arm. "It's fortunate we have a few extra days off. I'll just rest and see."

Favre was hurt with 10:11 left before halftime when he was hit by cornerback Nate Jones. Terence Newman made a diving interception of the fluttering pass.

Favre grabbed his arm and flexed it while walking slowly to the sideline. He didn't even realize he injured his non-throwing shoulder until he went into the dressing room to have some work done on his elbow.

Aaron Rodgers, who was 18-of-26 for 201 yards, took over at quarterback on Green Bay's next possession.

With his right arm covered with a sleeve, Favre returned to the sideline after getting treatment and having an X-ray taken during halftime. He was still wearing his pads, but wore a baseball cap as he watched Rodgers run the Green Bay offense.
NFL.com
Tough break. He has 10 days to rest so hopefully he can make a quick recovery and be alright to practice next week and extend his consecutive games started to 249.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, sucks for GB but Rodgers was looking pretty good.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
Its Brett Favre. he'll be ready to go.

vikesfan

Reaction score
Brett Favre's bones to break. lol

We should make up a bunch of chuck norris like analogies for Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%