Chris Bosh Not Cleared To Play

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Miami Heat PF Chris Bosh was attempting to make his comeback to the court this season, but it's being reported by all major outlets that the doctors have not cleared him to play. Thoughts on him? I know the Heat didn't want him to play and he was largely doing this on his own after being told last season that he would likely never play again. 

brett05

Reaction score
I think Chris should be entitled to play if he wishes.  IIRC, Independent physicians have cleared him.  That should be enough.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
brett05 said:
I think Chris should be entitled to play if he wishes.  IIRC, Independent physicians have cleared him.  That should be enough.

If you're running a sports team and there's even the slightest chance of one of your players dying on the court, would you let him play? You wouldn't.

This is fucking awful. It really happened to one of the best guys in the league. I hope he sticks around as TV guy, instead of playing somewhere overseas. I think he has accomplished enough and has a really good life that he can step away from playing easier than others could.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Heat have said that there is "no timetable" for his return. Not looking good...

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Bleacher Report: "Heat 'increasingly' believe that Chris Bosh' career with franchise is over (via Woj), hasn't wanted to speak to Riley"

brett05

Reaction score
buzzy said:

If you're running a sports team and there's even the slightest chance of one of your players dying on the court, would you let him play? You wouldn't.

Not only would I, but the owners do all the time.  See the NFL.
There is always a slight chance of it happening.  Sorry, if he's cleared independently I think the Player's Union needs to go to bat for Chris.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's a difference between tackle football and basketball. Of course you can have freak accidents in football, but we're talking about a known illness to a player.
I doubt anyone in the NFL gets cleared with a life threatening illness - especially one that is most dangerous during contact.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Yeah, I see both sides to this, but if I'm the Heat there is no reason for me to play Bosh. You don't need that liability. The NFL is built on violence and danger... the NBA isn't.

brett05

Reaction score
This wouldn't be violent and like I have said three times now, he's cleared by Indy doctors. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And the Heat have the right to hold him out if they want. They're still paying him.

Now if they try to withhold money from him, that's a different story.

Paulius

Reaction score
This is pat riley all over this shit . Riley doesnt want him to return so he could clear up another 20+ mill off the books and get ready for a big offseason next summer. The team blows. The last thing riley wants right now is for bosh to come back. If lebron n wade were on the team this would be a different story. Riley the genius

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When your entire brand is "loyalty", this move isn't exactly genius, especially when you couple it with how he treated Wade at the tail end. 

Riley is so overrated. He had nothing to do with landing LeBron, and thus winning two more titles. 

Paulius

Reaction score
Riley is a genius. He knew wade and bosh were done, so he got rid of both of em to start a new group. Gonna have so much money for next offseason, heats gonna make some moves

Paulius

Reaction score
And loyalty these days is clearly overrated, just ask kevin durant

Paulius

Reaction score
Ayy nothing personal, its just a business right

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kevin Durant has nothing to do with Pat Riley 

They have a lot of space, and it means nothing when you won't land big stars. Pat Riley is just a snake oil salesman. 

Paulius

Reaction score
Watch them land big stars regardless of what happened. Miami is miami, stars will wanna play there and pat riley will snake them in and build another trio

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blake is the only notable free agent next year.

I can't imagine Steph is going to leave Oakland.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%