No Site Connection Off WiFi

BeatsHaveADream

Sim League Aficionado
Reaction score
Been having this problem for a while but now starting to notice mroe people complain about it as well. 

Not being able to access the site off WiFi from my phone. 

Not sure if its my phone or the site but @GetBeard and @Emac also said theyve been having the same problems. 

dunno if its a setting on my phone that someone knows how to fix but i havent always had this problem. just started more recently.

I even use tapatalk and it doesnt wanna load

any ideas?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im on my data right now and its working. using the mobile skin.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I've had the same problem too. I talked about it with the owners and their tech a few days ago and we couldn't seem to figure out what the cause was. I know they're still looking in to it though. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
So I just tried something and it worked for me. It won't help with tapatalk (at least I don't think it will) but it helps for the mobile theme. 

When you're in a wifi range, connect to the site using wifi. Go in to google chrome's settings, Scroll down to "Data Saver" and turn it on. Reload the page. Turn off wifi. Reload the site. 

I did that and now the site loads perfectly when i'm using my data. From chrome: "When you use Data Saver, most of your web traffic goes through Google servers before being downloaded to your device. Less data gets downloaded to your device, because Google servers will compress it."

Again, I don't know why that worked for me, and I don't know if it will continue to work. But it's something...

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
So I just tried something and it worked for me. It won't help with tapatalk (at least I don't think it will) but it helps for the mobile theme. 

When you're in a wifi range, connect to the site using wifi. Go in to google chrome's settings, Scroll down to "Data Saver" and turn it on. Reload the page. Turn off wifi. Reload the site. 

I did that and now the site loads perfectly when i'm using my data. From chrome: "When you use Data Saver, most of your web traffic goes through Google servers before being downloaded to your device. Less data gets downloaded to your device, because Google servers will compress it."

Again, I don't know why that worked for me, and I don't know if it will continue to work. But it's something...

Is it still working out for you?

Paulius

Reaction score
Im on wifi now and tapatalk is working wonderful

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The problem is when you're NOT on wifi. But there doesn't seem to be a pattern - some users have problems connecting, others don't. Our tech already looked in to it a few days ago and couldn't find any issues on our end - server and software. 

Paulius

Reaction score
I agree . When im not on wifi, tapatalk always loads forever

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i get an error reload page/code when im on the hospital wifi. is it because they have us blocked?

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
I'm also in the group that has never had an issue using my phones data

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
i get an error reload page/code when im on the hospital wifi. is it because they have us blocked?

If you're on wifi then that's probably the case. 

Senators26

Reaction score
I had a issue a few weeks ago where I couldn't get on the site on wifi at all. I'd turn off wifi and it'd load no problem. Doesn't seem to happen now though

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:

If you're on wifi then that's probably the case. 
thats what i figured but ive never had an issue with us being blocked.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
thats what i figured but ive never had an issue with us being blocked.

Could have change recently and add this site to the block list.  I think companies look for stuff like this and if they see alot of usage going to a site that doesn't help out the company, the block it.  Just guessing though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

Could have change recently and add this site to the block list.  I think companies look for stuff like this and if they see alot of usage going to a site that doesn't help out the company, the block it.  Just guessing though.
im thinking because we have other threads and forums other than sports. the realgm pistons board works for me but the general board doesnt right now.

BeatsHaveADream

Sim League Aficionado
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
The problem is when you're NOT on wifi. But there doesn't seem to be a pattern - some users have problems connecting, others don't. Our tech already looked in to it a few days ago and couldn't find any issues on our end - server and software. 
the pattern weve noticed is Iphone users and its happened about 2 weeks ago. did any admins possibly up the ads or anything? ive noticed the ads are animated now maybe it has something to do with that?

Paulius

Reaction score
Idk beats, i got samsung and shit doesnt load without wifi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%