Chiefs most interested team in Alex Smith, unlikely to select QB 1st overall

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the Chiefs "appear to be the most interested team" in Alex Smith, and are "unlikely" to use the No. 1 pick on a quarterback.

It's becoming clearer and clearer by the day that Geno Smith won't be drafted first overall. "Several" coaches and coordinators wouldn't be surprised if the entire first round passed without a quarterback selected. Cole also mentions the Cardinals as a potential Smith suitor, although they're trying to rework Kevin Kolb's deal at the moment. Smith is expected to cost no more than a fourth-round pick
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3119/alex-smith

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jeeze his value is low as hell

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You know Andy Reid likes to fack around at the quarterback position. Geno was the greatest quarterback alive after putting up the basketball score against Baylor; now he's lucky to be going in the 1st round!? We'll see...I'm starting to think the Chiefs won't take a QB first overall but I don't think it's Joeckel at one either.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Chiefs might walk away with a steal if ESPN's theory is actually based on something.

Basically, I saw on their site that the Chiefs might trade for Smith, and then use that #1 pick they still have for Revis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%