PGA Championship

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Today is probably the most anticipated Sunday of a PGA major in quite some time.  Rory is really evolving into the most potent golf phenom since Tiger Woods started breaking out.  He's in first and Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler and Jason Day are all in close contention.  Really some can't miss TV for even fringe golf fans.

Sadly, horrible luck today for the PGA.  Heavy rain has delayed play, and they're not even sure if they can get the holes situated for 4:30 starts, which would put them right up against the wall to get the play in before it gets dark.

Bummer.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rickie Fowler has been impressive for a little bit here now. Seems close to breaking through. Sucks that he's starting to get it together around the time Rory has decided to enter Legend Status 

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Well they're playing now.  Dude who runs the course at Valhalla came on TV 20 minutes ago and said they'd be lucky to start at 4:30.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Rickie Fowler has been impressive for a little bit here now. Seems close to breaking through. Sucks that he's starting to get it together around the time Rory has decided to enter Legend Status 

I wonder if Fowler can turn McIlroy into villain status.  I always say that I root for American golfers, but McIlroy is really easy to root for despite being from Ireland.  If it came down to Fowler vs. McIlroy, I'd definitely be rooting for Rickie.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Modern day right handed Phil.

Except we've yet to see him play himself out of wins with weird decisions to go for broke late

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Shit is getting real.  Fowler in sole 1st, Mickelson and Rory one stroke back.  The end of this is going to be fun.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rory is just too damn good 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Highest ratings in 5 years for the PGA Championship. Rory got em on the up and up 

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
that was a great finish sunday. i was rooting for all 3 guys. phil rory and rickie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%