Patrick Kane’s DNA evidence leaks in rape case: Rep

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Both the Buffalo News and the Chicago Sun-Times are reporting details of the DNA evidence collected from a woman who alleges that Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane sexually assaulted her on August 2 at his home.

From the Buffalo News:

DNA tests taken from a rape kit conducted on the woman showed no trace of Kanes DNA was found in the womans genital area or on her undergarments.

The lack of that DNA evidence does not necessarily mean a sexual assault did not occur, legal experts say, and the evidence involved in this type of investigation typically consists of more than just DNA. The investigation continues, and Kane has not been charged with any crime.

DNA evidence from Kane was in fact found on the alleged victim, according to the News:

Still, Kanes DNA was found beneath the womans fingernails and on her shoulders, according to two of the sources, one of them a member of law enforcement.

Whatever occurred between the two prompted the woman to abruptly leave Kanes home, call her brother on a cellphone, go to a local hospital to be examined for signs of rape, and to file a crime report with Hamburg Police, claiming that Kane attacked her, according to authorities and sources close to the case.

(We waited for another publication to confirm the Buffalo News details because, frankly, that papers reporting on the case has been a bit problematic.)

Kane continues to practice with the Blackhawks at training camp despite the ongoing sexual assault investigation.

Another interesting tidbit from the Sun-Times is that Kanes attorney Paul Cambria insists there are no out-of-court settlement talks going on between the two parties that could potentially end the case, despite there having been reports to the contrary.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score

Lawyer Thomas J. Eoannou, who was representing the woman accusing Chicago Blackhawks starPatrick Kane of sexual assault, withdrew from the case in a hastily called press conference on Thursday night. 
Eoannou’s decision came one day after he dropped a bombshell: That a rape kit from the investigation, torn open and empty, was found jammed in the doorway of the alleged victim’s mother’s home. He said the discovery called into question the evidence in the case, and alleged that DNA findings could have been tampered with if the chain of custody with the kit had been broken.
On Thursday night, Eoannou said he was no longer confident in the story he was told when the mother delivered the bag to him.
"I no longer have the confidence in the manner and means in which that bag came to my office,” he said. “I looked into it, and I decided to withdraw."
Source: Yahoo Sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%