2017 NFL Draft Thread

TTN2810

Reaction score
Also, what's everyone's thoughts on Marlon Humphrey?

I know most people have him as the top corner in the class, but I currently have him #6 and I'm not done corners yet. I like him, but question his ability to be a top cover corner. The way he plays I almost like him more as a strong safety. He's great playing zone closer to the LOS and hits hard, and I'd trust him to lock down most tight ends..

Currently have Adoree Jackson, Sidney Jones, Marshon Lattimore, Cordrea Tankersly and Teez Tabor ahead of him. I also still haven't graded Lewis, Wilson, Douglas, Sutton, White, Conley etc.

elijah

Reaction score
I have Humphrey at #3 behind Lattimore and Tabor. I've also only looked at four corners so far though (Wilson being the fourth). 

He plays well in press and is physical at the line of scrimmage. I think he's the most well-rounded corner in the draft so far, but he's a liability to get beat deep and liability to draw pass interference/holding calls. His receivers released from him pretty well and he played too far off of them. I think he'll be fine in the NFL, but I don't see an elite corner prospect in him. I see a welcomed #2 corner with potential to be an above-average #1. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
TTN!

where were you for last year's draft, man? i gotta catch up to you on this year bc i hardly know anyone hahahah

TTN2810

Reaction score
That's pretty much my outlook too. He'll be a real good #2, if not a solid #1. If I'm drafting a cornerback in the first round though I'd like him to have better ball skills and be a bit more of a playmaker. And I agree that he could be a liability deep at times, especially when he's playing off. I've seen him bite a couple of times. I like him more as a prospect as a safety, but I understand why he's playing corner with his size/length.

TTN2810

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
TTN!

where were you for last year's draft, man? i gotta catch up to you on this year bc i hardly know anyone hahahah
Just got caught up with life man. I'm glad to be back scouting though.

I think you'll have fun when you do start, it's an interesting class IMO.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
This Pat Mahomes hype is hilarious. If this guy actually end up going in the first round.. SMH. He's another Bortles. He just isn't an NFL QB.
I think he's moldable. The arm is excellent and he shows some really good touch, but he's a long way from being consistently successful in the NFL. The mechanics are bad, but I don't think he's a lost cause. You don't need perfect mechanics to succeed, they just need to be feasible, and if he can clean them up and he takes well to coaching, I think he could be a good starter down the line.

My favorite QB in the class is Watson by far, the only question I have with him is his inconsistent accuracy. He started off the year with a couple bad games, but once he got clicking around the middle of the season he was lights out. I'd take him over anybody in this class and everybody from last year's class.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm very anti Mitch Trubisky and Pro Mahomes. I want nothing to do with a QB born in Ohio, although I'd consider Kizer as he grew up in a border city, but he does not pass the simple first name test. Huge red flag. Much higher chance of succeeding if your first name is something like Tom, Drew, Joe, Derek, etc.. It's simple science, folks

TTN2810

Reaction score
Teagz, I agree with you that Watson is #1. I do like Trubisky and Kizer as well though, if I needed a QB I'd gladly take any of the three.

Trubisky reminds me of an actually good version of Jake Locker. All the physical traits are there, plus he has consistent accuracy and pocket presence.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Hello my fellow Titans fan. Good to see another fan around.

Who do you want to see the Titans draft in the first round?

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of trubisky. So much hype with him

TTN2810

Reaction score
AiRuPtHeRe™ said:
Hello my fellow Titans fan. Good to see another fan around.

Who do you want to see the Titans draft in the first round?
Hey Titans bro lol

I'd like to see them take Malik Hooker or Marshon Lattimore. Need secondary help big time. I couldn't blame them if they want to take Mike Williams or Corey Davis either. 

What about you?

TTN2810

Reaction score
Well fellas, I just watched Myles Garrett vs. Cam Robinson, both the 2016 matchup and the 2015 matchup and Garrett managed 1 sack, and basically 0 impact on either game. 

This is the first tape I've watched of either of them.. Is Cam Robinson THAT good, or is Garrett being overrated?

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I think Robinson is pretty good. Garrett is getting a lot of hype as well, but I would say he's the most talented player in the draft.

elijah

Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Well fellas, I just watched Myles Garrett vs. Cam Robinson, both the 2016 matchup and the 2015 matchup and Garrett managed 1 sack, and basically 0 impact on either game. 

This is the first tape I've watched of either of them.. Is Cam Robinson THAT good, or is Garrett being overrated?
Garret's a little overrated, Robinson played a little above his level against Garrett. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I haven't watched Robinson yet but I was also impressed with how he handled Garrett. Isn't the main knock on him that he doesn't perform at that level consistently?

Also, I don't know how much this means, but Garrett got shut down by Tunsil last year too. It has to be a little concerning that he performs the worst against higher levels of competition.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I often find mocks at this time to just be a barometer of who's likely to enter the draft

Most people around this time that are "almost unanimously" a top 5 pick most often fall out

Teddy was #1 for a while in 2014
Shane Ray & Gregory were top 10
Tunsil was #1 until the Titans traded the pick

Id put money on Garrett not being #1

TTN2810

Reaction score
Teagz I followed up with the Tunsil match up too and was disappointed again. It was more of the same against LSU. a couple splash plays, but a common theme I noticed is most of his big plays are either when he lines up inside and has a plus match up against a guard, or is left unblocked.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The UCLA game from this past year is his best tape, from what I've seen. The Tennessee game they used him as a situational pass rusher for the most part, since he was hurt, and I he flashed in that one too. The injury could have slowed him down in the Alabama game, and that might be one of the reasons he didn't play well, but it's impossible to say that's the only reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%