Big Games, Week 2: Eagles @ Chiefs

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Sunday, September 17th at 1pm ET[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Matchup:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]This should be a defensive game, without question, as both teams have weak points on offense that each defense should feast on. If the Washington Redskins can pressure Wentz repeatedly against Philly’s OL, what are Justin Houston and Kansas City going to do? I have a feeling Wentz will be harassed early and often. As for Kansas City, they lack true receiving options and the Eagles have a good enough DL to allow their LB corps and secondary to keep Hunt under control. I think Hunt still accumulates yards, but I also think the Eagles defense controls Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce throughout the game. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Philadelphia Game Plan:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Obviously, the Eagles want to move Wentz out of the pocket in this game and avoid a high use of deep dropbacks. Wentz is electric on the move and with 4 legitimate receiving weapons in his arsenal now, he should have some opportunities to put scoring drives together. Wentz also needs to practice restraint in this game, only taking higher-risk throws in the pockets where Eric Berry would normally be. The Eagles defense will keep them in the game--there’s no need to force a ball, especially on the wrong side of midfield. The Eagles should also give Blount carries throughout the game to see if he eventually softens the Chiefs defense a bit. Defensively the Eagles need to maintain containment and overall discipline or the Chiefs’ penchant for misdirection will be effective.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kansas City Gameplan:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Offensively the Chiefs just need to protect the ball at home, because their defense is very good, even without Eric Berry. Alex Smith will likely have trouble reaching the 3 passing touchdown threshold again this season, so Chiefs fans should be smart and realize that week 1 will more than likely be an anomaly. Run the ball with Hunt and spell him with West enough during the game to make sure Hunt has plenty in the tank in the second half. Look for Hill whenever possible but don’t expect Jim Schwartz to give him too many openings. Smith has to hit him when he’s open or he’ll be largely ineffective. Defensively the Chiefs need to capitalize on Wentz’s young QB mistakes, which he will still make this season. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Outcome: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]This game will swing on one stat: turnovers. Whoever forces more turnovers will win this game, and my bet is on the Chiefs. 23-20, [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Chiefs.[/SIZE]

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Eagles' offense is really gonna struggle. The Chiefs see a better version of it every day in practice.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Which is strange because the Eagles are better at almost every position across the board on that side of the ball. The Chiefs are better at TE, RB, and Smith is still better than Wentz overall due to taking such good care of the ball, but Wentz is more likely to have a game like Smith did last Sunday than Smith is. That was an anomaly. The Chiefs might have one or two better OL but Peters and Johnson are certainly better bookend tackles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%