Bay to test Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Bay isnt going to the Blue Jays. Blue Jays need to get younger rather than older.
not next season, with Halladay on his way out, the Jays need to go for the playoffs one more year, and they could contend if they actually got a LF or RF and a DH, if they could get Vlad or Delgado to play DH and Holliday or Bay in the outfield we'd actually have a chance

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I feel that we may have to let him go. We can go out and try to get Prince Fielder and Matt Holliday. If we reel in both, we'll be in real good shape with:
Martinez, Prince, Pedroia, SS?, Youk, Holliday, Ellsbury, Drew. Plus we can get an okay DH. Then we can move Papelbon (as much as I hate to see that happen), and get a guy like King Felix, oviously we'd have to add more specs, and then throw Bard/Okajima into that closer role.

Benny21

Reaction score
I feel that we may have to let him go. We can go out and try to get Prince Fielder and Matt Holliday. If we reel in both, we'll be in real good shape with:
Martinez, Prince, Pedroia, SS?, Youk, Holliday, Ellsbury, Drew. Plus we can get an okay DH. Then we can move Papelbon (as much as I hate to see that happen), and get a guy like King Felix, oviously we'd have to add more specs, and then throw Bard/Okajima into that closer role.
L
O
L

Fielder, King Felix, and Holliday?
Keep dreaming bud.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Bay and hope he stays as well, but there's no way we should/are going to overpay for him.

Realistically, this is how I want my team to look next year...

C - Martinez/Varitek/Kotteras
1B - Gonzalez
2B - Pedroia
3B - Youkilis
SS - Scutaro or I'd even take Gonzo back at this point
LF - Bay or Holliday
CF - Ellsbury
RF - Drew
DH - Ortiz/Lowell

SP - Beckett
SP - Lester
SP - Dice-K
SP - Bedard or Hudson or Harden or Lackey (probably too pricey for him though)
SP - Wake

The bullpen stays like it was this year. I'm not one of the many who is clamoring to trade Papelbon for w/e we can get because, honestly, it's probably not going to be what we want. I'd rather wait it out and take the two draft picks if he signs elsewhere for more money. What needs to happen is someone needs to beat some sense into him and tell him to stop throwing friggin fastballs for every pitch. I guarantee that if he starts using his other pitches, he'll be the "old" Papelbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%