Explain to me why Mauer deserves the AL MVP award...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
His team isn't going to the playoffs.

He missed several weeks of the season and has about 100 less AB's than Teixeira.

His homers and rbi's are far below Teixeira's.

All Mauer has is a higher batting average. Much higher. But if a high average were the mark of an MVP, why not just give it to Ichiro every year?

Teixeira is not just an offensive stud but he's a Gold Glover too who has made everyone in the infield better. He hits in the clutch. He fields in the clutch. He's a leader of this team. He inspires his teammates to greater heights. He has monster numbers and his team has the best record in baseball by far.

I can't believe anyone would vote for Mauer. Great player but not having the best year. I know I'm in the minority among nationwide pundits and I am Yankee prejudiced, but I just can't understand why. Help me here.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This thread is just screaming bias. Mauer is better than Jeter and Teixeira this year. He's been great in the time he's been playing don't deny that. Its not his fault the GM can't put together a winning team. He should get AL MVP this year regardless

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
This thread is just screaming bias. Mauer is better than Jeter and Teixeira this year. He's been great in the time he's been playing don't deny that. Its not his fault the GM can't put together a winning team. He should get AL MVP this year regardless

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DH, you can't be serious.

This has got to be the craziest thing you've said all season, and that's really saying a lot

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they've come quite close, riding on Mauer's back

He missed several weeks of the season and has about 100 less AB's than Teixeira.
and he's got comparable number's to Teixeira...who does that say more about?

I'm sorry, where in Mauer's supporting cast do you see a plethora of All-Stars? (obvious exception to Justin Morneau)

All Mauer has is a higher batting average. Much higher. But if a high average were the mark of an MVP, why not just give it to Ichiro every year?
Keep trying...and you can add SLG, OPB, OPBS, OPB+ -- which are some categories your boy (Teix) should be leading if he's such a better hitter.

Teixeira is not just an offensive stud but he's a Gold Glover too who has made everyone in the infield better. He hits in the clutch. He fields in the clutch. He's a leader of this team. He inspires his teammates to greater heights. He has monster numbers and his team has the best record in baseball by far.
I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where Mauer isn't all those things Teixeira is (with maybe exception to hitting because, let's face it, Mauer rarely gets opportunities to hit in the clutch). Mauer also happens to play the HARDEST position in baseball.

I can't believe anyone would vote for Mauer. Great player but not having the best year. I know I'm in the minority among nationwide pundits and I am Yankee prejudiced, but I just can't understand why. Help me here.
And I can't believe that you still post this bias garbage, week in and week out, thinking that:

A) People actually hold your opinions to ANY sort of unbiased validity

and

B) That you think anyone gives a holy hell what you have to say

Granted, "A" and "B" may be similar but I guess I just wanted to hammer the point across

BTHEW, I'm still waiting for you to prove that CC Sabathia and/or AJ Burnett is the best pitcher in baseball....hell, you can just prove to me that they are better than Grienke (referring to a previous thread/discussion)

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Kobe doesn't get the MVP award because he was a simply dominant player on a bad team, then Mauer shouldn't either. :X

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Even if he's not going to go to the playoffs, he's still been playing in meaningful games all year..

Just think if he wasn't injured, how many homers and RBIs could he have..

• Ranks 1st in AL in BA (.367) • Ranks 1st in AL in OBP (.442)
• Ranks 1st in AL in SLG (.593) • Ranks 1st in AL in OPS (1.035)
but he only leads in Batting average I guess...

Does Ichiro put up near 30 homers while missing a month and near 100 RBIs playing the toughest position in Baseball?

I can't believe anyone would not vote Mauer.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
*high fives Baggino*

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think DH34 deserves a round of applause for taking his Yankees bias to a whole new level that none of us could have predicted it'd reach

*claps*

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol he's acting like Mauer is putting up ok numbers,

dude is freakin ridiculous.
there is no doubt that he is the most valuable player.

this is amazing that you would even consider teixera over him

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well put Baggs.

it's amazing how people see through the reality and are being influenced by their love for their own team.

I mean, last week I was listening to Mike Francesa on WFAN (and i hate Francesa with an undying... sumtin.., someone give me a word!) and even he said "There's no doubt, Joe Mauer is the AL MVP. No doubt in my mind"

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i wonder what Mauer would be hitting if he played in that yankee stadium, had jeter and damon in front of him, a million all-stars behind him, and played the first month of the season

all that from the CATCHER position

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
i wonder what Mauer would be hitting if he played in that yankee stadium, had jeter and damon in front of him, a million all-stars behind him, and played the first month of the season

all that from the CATCHER position
He'd be battin .410 and be in contention or HR leader.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i love baggs for the pwnt on a biased dick tree. and his team has nothing to do with mvp. hes the most valuable to his team. more valuable to the twins than teix is to the yanks

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Holy <Censored> Baggs, lol.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, it isn't the first time...so, I guess you can say I've had practice.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Baggs could've had the goat post if he said kleenex is aisle 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%