Joba Chamberlain could be off Yankees' postseason roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
New York Yankees starter Joba Chamberlain had a horrendous performance against one of the worst teams in the league last night. He threw 91 pitches in 3.2 innings of work against the Kansas City Royals in a 4-3 loss.

Chamberlain certainly won't be a starter in the American League Division Series, where the Yanks will use C.C. Sabathia, Andy Pettitte, and A.J. Burnett. While Chamberlain has obviously worked out of the bullpen before, it isn't clear if there is room in the reliever ranks for him, either, according to the New York Daily News. "If they want me to fold towels, I'll fold towels," Chamberlain told the paper. "I don't really care. Whatever they see fit, I want to help this team win in any role that I'm in."

If manager Joe Girardi doesn't see some evidence of the old fist-pumping Chamberlain soon enough, he could be relegated to towel folding.

Source: New York Daily News

VC15

Reaction score
It's good that he won't be starting for us in the playoffs, but I'd like to see him in pitch out of the pen at least once before the playoffs start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%