- Rushing: 16 att, -11 yds, 1 td

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cam has 28 passing TDs and a 188.16 passer rating

Mooche

Reaction score
Cam Newton..

Nobody more valuable to the success of one team in CFB.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
James, I don't think Newton deserves it with everything swirling around his name.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Cam Newton for sure after the interview he just did.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
James, I don't think Newton deserves it with everything swirling around his name.
You can't hold allegations against Cam Newton, not when his University and the NCAA has already cleared him. I can see a voter or 2 not voting for James out of a fear of another Reggie Bush situation but c'mon, this isn't the same situation. Do we hear that, come to find out, 4 years into his pro career Auburn did pay his father a lump sum for his son...who knows? But lets not let any "What If" situation plague the Heisman voting.

Auburn was a projected 8-win team before the season, preseason ranked 22...and they're unranked and in the Nat'l title game b/c of Cam Newton alone. His passing statistics are tops for a guy who's a mobile quarterback and his rushing statistics are insane. 20 rushing touchdowns!?! He's outperformed a majority of the runningbacks in College Football.

Cam Newton is about as much of a "lock" for the Heisman as you can ask for & I created this poll b/c I was curious to see if anyone could make a case against him or a better case for someone else.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
stats are wrong for luck
My bad, posted his 2009 stats b/c they were listed ahead of his 2010 stats on the site I referenced. Last time I put up a thread at 3:20am, I swear.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can't hold allegations against Cam Newton, not when his University and the NCAA has already cleared him. I can see a voter or 2 not voting for James out of a fear of another Reggie Bush situation but c'mon, this isn't the same situation. Do we hear that, come to find out, 4 years into his pro career Auburn did pay his father a lump sum for his son...who knows? But lets not let any "What If" situation plague the Heisman voting.

Auburn was a projected 8-win team before the season, preseason ranked 22...and they're unranked and in the Nat'l title game b/c of Cam Newton alone. His passing statistics are tops for a guy who's a mobile quarterback and his rushing statistics are insane. 20 rushing touchdowns!?! He's outperformed a majority of the runningbacks in College Football.

Cam Newton is about as much of a "lock" for the Heisman as you can ask for & I created this poll b/c I was curious to see if anyone could make a case against him or a better case for someone else.
Yes, actually you can. The NCAA is screwed up. They have a rule that says if any family member seeks money, the student is ineligible, they looked for a loophole and either found one or created one, by saying he didn't know what his dad was doing. (which I still think is a load of bull crap)

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Cam Newton, simply because he's the best player in America.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hard not to vote for Cam in this one.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As much as I hate the situation Newton (and/or his father) has put himself in, it really doesn't diminish the type of season he has put together ON the field. It's pretty hard to put together a solid argument for anyone else.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's kind of shitty though he will win this, and Bush gave his Heisman back. Which I think he did not deserve to give back.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Cam Newton is the only plausible answer. Outside of Barry Sanders' Heisman year, this is probably the most dominant year by any player in the last 25 years. He's a better college player than Tebow was and it's a shame he wasn't able to show it earlier because of the whole laptop thing. Not to mention he probably wouldn't have seen a ton of playing time at Florida until this season anyway.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, actually you can. The NCAA is screwed up. They have a rule that says if any family member seeks money, the student is ineligible, they looked for a loophole and either found one or created one, by saying he didn't know what his dad was doing. (which I still think is a load of bull crap)
Oh of course it's bull crap, I think 90% of the common public knows this. Cam Newton knew what his father was up to and in the end, his father admitting at and Cam claiming ignorance was the smartest way to get out of the sh*t storm.

But either way, it was not alleged or proven that Cam Newton, or his father, solicited money from Auburn...meaning neither the school or the player can be declared ineligible. It would be different if the Newton camp did solicit from Auburn and/or they solicited money from Mississippi State & Newton enrolled at Mississippi State.

NCAA bylaw (10.1 unethical conduct) that seems to govern this situation ...

Unethical conduct by a prospective or enrolled student-athlete or a current or former institutional staff member
(e.g., coach, professor, tutor, teaching assistant, student manager, student trainer) may include, but is not limited
to, the following:

(a) Refusal to furnish information relevant to an investigation of a possible violation of an NCAA regulation
when requested to do so by the NCAA or the individual’s institution;

(b) Knowing involvement in arranging for fraudulent academic credit or false transcripts for a prospective or an
enrolled student-athlete;

(c) Knowing involvement in offering or providing a prospective or an enrolled student-athlete an improper inducement
or extra benefit or improper financial aid; (Revised: 1/9/96)

(d) Knowingly furnishing or knowingly influencing others to furnish the NCAA or the individual’s institution false or misleading information ...
Violations of 10.1 are enforced as follows:

10.4 Disciplinary Action

Prospective or enrolled student-athletes found in violation of the provisions of this regulation shall be ineligible
for further intercollegiate competition, subject to appeal to the Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement for
restoration of eligibility.
If you read that carefully you can see how there's too much 'gray area' and in a situation such as Newton's...to easy to get around it all.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the rule I was thinking about was rule 14.3 or somewhere around there. It specifically says a player or any family member. Don't remember it word for word though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%