Agent Says Baron May Opt Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
Todd Ramasar, the agent for point guard Baron Davis, failed to make any headway while meeting with the Warriors on Thursday and believes that his client could opt out of his contract and become a free agent, according to The San Mateo County Times.

"After sitting down with the Warriors organization (Thursday) regarding Baron's future, I don't know what direction the Warriors are going," Ramasar said. "Baron is adamant about remaining a Warrior but based on my conversations with the team (Thursday), we have to consider all of his options."

Another source close to Davis claimed that there is a '50-50' chance that the All-Star will become a free agent this summer and pursue other offers.

Davis will make $17.8 million next season if he elects not to opt out of the final year of the six-year pact he signed as a member of the New Orleans Hornets.

bulls12

Reaction score
I can imagine the Lakers signing him if he opts out, adding to their monster squad.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Los Angeles here he comes!
Clippers that is....

but i'd love him in purple and gold

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love to see him next to Wade but that's also a pipedream. IMO, it does look like he will opt out but I have no idea what team will pony up some major dough for him. I'd hope Marion opts out, we sign him, then we re-sign Marion thanks to our bird rights, but, again, a pipedream.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I honestly don't see him leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%