2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This season has sucked balls for Toronto. JD has tanked completely his trade value, and Happ is doing the same thing with every start. At least their farm system is on the rise, I guess. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
This season has sucked balls for Toronto. JD has tanked completely his trade value, and Happ is doing the same thing with every start. At least their farm system is on the rise, I guess. 
They had some key guys they should have traded before this season and last season, most notably Stroman

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In hindsight they should have probably traded Donaldson in the offseason, but I get why they didn't. But I don't think they shouldn't probably trade pitchers with control like Stroman, because they don't really have good depth in the farm system in terms of starters 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
In hindsight they should have probably traded Donaldson in the offseason, but I get why they didn't. But I don't think they shouldn't probably trade pitchers with control like Stroman, because they don't really have good depth in the farm system in terms of starters 
Definitely Donaldson, I agree.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
all those cranes is nice to see

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like these special bats. They should use them in real games.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bryce has a sick ass bat

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
I like these special bats. They should use them in real games.
they honestly should let them use whatever bat designs they want

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
What do you know? Tonight was the pinnacle of Bryce Harper's career. Too bad hitting homeruns in a pointless derby doesn't get you wins for the Nationals. Stay happy hitting with your overrated .214 average.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
What do you know? Tonight was the pinnacle of Bryce Harper's career. Too bad hitting homeruns in a pointless derby doesn't get you wins for the Nationals. Stay happy hitting with your overrated .214 average.
So winning a home run derby is the pinnacle, but winning a MVP isn't? ok.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Teagz said:
So winning a home run derby is the pinnacle, but winning a MVP isn't? ok.
He was MVP one year in his career, but I will always remember the several other years where he's been mediocre at the plate and his only savings grace is his OBP.

The one year he got MVP he was amazing, but that was just one year. Trout should have won it six years in a row.

By the way, I was being a bit sarcastic.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah a career 139 wrc+ and .894ops is pretty bad.....

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
He was MVP one year in his career, but I will always remember the several other years where he's been mediocre at the plate and his only savings grace is his OBP.

The one year he got MVP he was amazing, but that was just one year. Trout should have won it six years in a row.

By the way, I was being a bit sarcastic.
Trout is so good he should have won the NL MVP? Now Ive heard it all

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Trout is so good he should have won the NL MVP? Now Ive heard it all
That's not what I meant. You are making yourself hear things now and putting words in my mouth like you always do. I'm just saying Trout is the far better player and I think he gets less hype when he's better. Everyone talked about a single homerun Harper crushed a year ago, but they overlook the fact that he's been doing really bad, whereas Trout has been raking every season. Trout is noticed, don't get me wrong, but people still tend to overcredit Harper.

I never said Trout was an NL MVP. Obviously he isn't, but he's a guy who deserves MVP each year when Harper only deserved it a single year, yet people talk about Harper like he should get it every year in the NL.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think your perception of the situation is very wrong. Everybody on here and everywhere raves about Trout. Those two are hardly even compared anymore. Harper had 1 MVP year and wouldve had a good case for it last year had he not missed 51 games. Its pretty clear you dont like him and thats fine. But dont put words in peoples mouths. Everybody knows trout is better

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I think your perception of the situation is very wrong. Everybody on here and everywhere raves about Trout. Those two are hardly even compared anymore. Harper had 1 MVP year and wouldve had a good case for it last year had he not missed 51 games. Its pretty clear you dont like him and thats fine. But dont put words in peoples mouths. Everybody knows trout is better
When did I put words in people's mouths? I said it generally, I didn't single anyone out as you did to me. And only used a single small instance and didn't just refer to this forum. I see it everywhere. Funny you say that I put words in people's mouths when you don't have a specific case, when you've singled my words out all along.

I could go on about Harper, but I'll drop it because it will make more people mad and people will put more words in my mouth, but I'll just say one thing: no way does he deserve to be an All-Star this year. That's absolute rubbish. He's a zero WAR player this year and only got in because of his stupid fan boys who overlook better players and just want Harper (my point to begin with). That's a fact, not putting words in people's mouths.

The All-Star game is an absolute waste of time and that's not just because of Harper. It's just stupid fanboy dog and pony show and the worst week of baseball. I don't care about the results and will just be waiting for Friday to arrive.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Freaking triggered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%