Jamal Crawford drawing interest

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sources confirm to HOOPSWORLD that Crawford, who was signed as an unrestricted free agent this offseason to be retired shooting guard Brandon Roy’s replacement, is on several team’s radar. The Los Angeles Clippers and Minnesota Timberwolves are pursuing him the strongest, but the Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks have also expressed interest. HoopsWorld
Some of those teams are headscratchers.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The Wolves need a 2 or 3 that can consistently score, so I hope they get him. It'd be a stretch to start him at 3, though. Isn't he like 6'4 or smaller?

WJF7

Reaction score
Perfect fit for what the Wolves need. What do we deal them though? No way is Rubio, Williams, Pekovic, Love in this for sure. They want young guys/draft picks. Can we deal the Utah pick that is top 14 protected if it isn't ours yet technically?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL Kings.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the clippers are really the only team i can see needing him.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
LOL Kings.
Haha that was my reaction too. The Kings have absolutely no use for another shooter.

Anyway I'm interested to see what's offered for Crawford. To be honest I'd hate to lose him but changes have to be made if this team is gonna go anywhere.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha that was my reaction too. The Kings have absolutely no use for another shooter.

Anyway I'm interested to see what's offered for Crawford. To be honest I'd hate to lose him but changes have to be made if this team is gonna go anywhere.
I remember when u beat us earlier in the season and u though the blazers were better than the thunder haha. But i didn't see u guys being as bad as u are. I thought u would be better than this.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I remember when u beat us earlier in the season and u though the blazers were better than the thunder haha. But i didn't see u guys being as bad as u are. I thought u would be better than this.
I never said the Blazers were better than the Thunder, I just said I was tired of how much hype the Thunder get when the Blazers were just as good of a team. Obviously things have changed with their inability to be consistent.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Blazers and Clippers are discussing a deal involving Jamal Crawford for Eric Bledsoe and Ryan Gomes, according to sources.

The teams have exchanged proposals but the deal hasn't advanced to the ownership level yet.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would certainly be beneficial for the Clippers.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
In the weeks leading up to March 15th, Eric Bledsoe's name has surfaced in trade rumors involving the Blazers' Jamal Crawford and the Celtics' Ray Allen, among others. However, the Clippers aren't motivated to trade the young guard unless they're blown away by a proposal, says Eric Pincus of HoopsWorld. According to HoopsWorld's report, the Clippers are hesitant to move Bledsoe for a player who they'd just be renting for the rest of the season.

In Bledsoe, the Clippers have a young, inexpensive player at a position of depth. Chris Paul and Mo Williams are ahead of Bledsoe on the team's depth chart, so it makes sense that L.A. would consider moving its 2010 first-rounder to upgrade at two guard. However, the 22-year-old is the only guard the Clippers have under contract long-term -- Paul's and Williams' contracts are set to expire after next season, and their futures are unknown. Bledsoe doesn't figure to be eligible for even restricted free agency until the summer of 2014.

As for the Clippers' potential two-guard targets, Allen will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, while Crawford figures to decline his player option for next season, making him an unrestricted free agent as well.
Hoops Rumors

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Crawford needs to be dumped before the deadline. Based off the rumors I've been seeing I hope we get Bledsoe, he seems like the best option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%