Red Sox Re-Sign Mitch Moreland

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
so much would rather this than go after hosmer

catman

Reaction score
Moreland is not a power hitter, but he is usually good for 20-25 homers a year.  He can field pretty well, too.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
Moreland is not a power hitter, but he is usually good for 20-25 homers a year.  He can field pretty well, too.
He's never hit 25 homeruns in a season, but he's hit 22 or 23 multiple times.  I guess that's consistency?

Like others said, the one good thing about this is not overpaying for someone else, but it doesn't exactly put us over the edge against the Yankees.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Yankees are clearly playing for the long ball but that doesn't mean the Red Sox have to. Trust me, I would love to see the Sox go all in and overpay for as many Scott Boras clients this offseason as possible. Hell, trade away half the current outfield just to make it happen!

Seriously though, look for the Red Sox to lean heavily on their pitching and stretch the base paths. The Sox are a high OBP team and plugged a ton of doubles last season. They could use another bat but what they really need is to actually get what they were looking for by signing David Price, extending Porcello, and acquiring Carson Smith and the dude from Milwaukee (drawing a blank atm). 

All this and hope Eduardo can return healthy.... potentially snag a cheaper SP via trade or when the market starts to dry up.  

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:
The Yankees are clearly playing for the long ball but that doesn't mean the Red Sox have to. Trust me, I would love to see the Sox go all in and overpay for as many Scott Boras clients this offseason as possible. Hell, trade away half the current outfield just to make it happen!

Seriously though, look for the Red Sox to lean heavily on their pitching and stretch the base paths. The Sox are a high OBP team and plugged a ton of doubles last season. They could use another bat but what they really need is to actually get what they were looking for by signing David Price, extending Porcello, and acquiring Carson Smith and the dude from Milwaukee (drawing a blank atm). 

All this and hope Eduardo can return healthy.... potentially snag a cheaper SP via trade or when the market starts to dry up.  
Agreed mostly on all except Porcello.

By the way, I made a thread on this already (the pitching dynasty part anyway).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%