Yankees Agree To Acquire Giancarlo Stanton

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
elcheato said:
We can talk about how the Indians are the only team with a rotation even somewhat equipped to deal with this tho
Funny how they are equipped to deal with this but couldn't beat the Yankees in the playoffs even without Stanton.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Red sox arent screwed

Yankees need pitching still and a 3rd and 2nd baseman
Also who knows of Byrd is even the answer at 1st
Yankees could put a sub par player in second and third base and still be fine.

They won't need a ton of pitching when they have that lineup.  Maybe for the postseason, but not the full season.  That being said, they'll find it somewhere, I'm sure of it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Funny how they are equipped to deal with this but couldn't beat the Yankees in the playoffs even without Stanton.
5 game sample sizes are generally worth basing opinions off of

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
elcheato said:
5 game sample sizes are generally worth basing opinions off of
Good point, but I still think the Yankees have the edge.

The Indians will fine though.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I won't get overly excited about G-Stanton in pinstripes. I remember geeking out over the A-Rod deal way back when and it brought 1 World Series and years worth of aggravation.  If you remember, A-Rod and Jeter were going to go 162-0 every season.  Even worse for Boston, A-Rod was a commissioner's approval away from being in a Red Sox uniform.

Stanton is phenomenal home run hitter but that's about it.  The Yankees didn't need to add more homers.  I feel like this deal was done out of paranoia that the Astros have built themselves a nice, little dynasty-capable offense.  What pisses me off is the Yankees just can't be the least bit patient and trust their younger talent.  I have a fear that adding Stanton to the line up will screw with the mojo somehow.  I dunno, perhaps I'm just being overly paranoid. Feels like Big Stein came back from the grave and negotiated this deal.

Btw, Gleyber Torres and Miguel Andujar are more than capable for covering 2B and 3B. Even better the Bombers won't have to rely on their bats right away.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And I'll say this, worse thing the Red Sox can do is panic and overspend on Hosmer and JD Martinez.  Honesty, If I'm Boston, I'm making all the moves necessary to be a major player in next year's offseason. 

Imagine Bryce Harper in Boston. 

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AE. said:
And I'll say this, worse thing the Red Sox can do is panic and overspend on Hosmer and JD Martinez.  Honesty, If I'm Boston, I'm making all the moves necessary to be a major player in next year's offseason. 

It'd be the most Red Sox thing to do, though; especially considering it would be a response to the Yankees landing a superstar.

Bryce would kill it in Boston, but I just don't see it happening.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:

I doubt that happens.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I doubt that happens.
i cant iimagine him shaving that beard

Sox are in play

But it looks like cubs

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
AE. said:
“Never say never” -Justin Bieber
I mean it could, I just don't see it happening.  In reality, anything can happen.

Why are we quoting Bieber?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
why wouldnt you
Well it's not very credible if you ask me, and I'm sure he's not the one who came up with that quote anyway.  

CoachAF

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/939516287599833089

The salt!!!
You know it's funny...Heyman and Co. rip Luhnow a new one for firing a group of scouts last off-season, but let Jeter off with all that he has done so far which IMO is much worse. Bill is calling what he sees. He is one of the few I have seen speak out against the "Almighty Jeter".

.ptt81 said:
If Stanton is healthy all year round, he's 99% smacking 50 in Yankee stadium.

That's the big question though, IF he is healthy. History says he won't be. 

elcheato said:
We can talk about how the Indians are the only team with a rotation even somewhat equipped to deal with this tho

The 2017 WS champs would like to say hi. This makes the Yankees better, but it hardly puts them in some kind of realm that no one else can approach or handle. This puts their line-up up there with the Astros, but they are relying on Judge to repeat his 2017 and Sanchez to plug the hole in his bat. There's gonna be a ton of K's in Yankee Stadium. That is exactly the reason why they lost to the Astros in the ALCS. The Astros were in the same position in 2015 when they made the playoffs with a HR/Strikeout offense. What helped them get over that hump was bringing in high-contact guys like Gurriel/Reddick/Aoki to help keep the line moving. The Yankees would be wise to take a similar approach. It worked well for us. 

AE. said:
I won't get overly excited about G-Stanton in pinstripes. I remember geeking out over the A-Rod deal way back when and it brought 1 World Series and years worth of aggravation.  If you remember, A-Rod and Jeter were going to go 162-0 every season.  Even worse for Boston, A-Rod was a commissioner's approval away from being in a Red Sox uniform.

Stanton is phenomenal home run hitter but that's about it.  The Yankees didn't need to add more homers.  I feel like this deal was done out of paranoia that the Astros have built themselves a nice, little dynasty-capable offense.  What pisses me off is the Yankees just can't be the least bit patient and trust their younger talent.  I have a fear that adding Stanton to the line up will screw with the mojo somehow.  I dunno, perhaps I'm just being overly paranoid. Feels like Big Stein came back from the grave and negotiated this deal.

Btw, Gleyber Torres and Miguel Andujar are more than capable for covering 2B and 3B. Even better the Bombers won't have to rely on their bats right away.

It's fun to watch all the teams trying to catch up to you. I think there is a lot of worry out there about how good our offense can actually be. This is a classic Yankees move, but it's hard to knock it. For what they gave up, it was worth the try. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It puts their lineup up with the Astros? Their lineup was already up there with the Astros. Hint: its better now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%