Top 5 PF all time

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Im really debating between Dirk and KG. My heart says Dirk, but my mind says KG. They have very similar career trajectories and very similar accolades. Obviously KG was more dominant defensively, but Dirk was more dominant offensively. Its tough to say because I think you have to put more value that Dirk stayed with his team and won a title, as opposed to KG who had to leave his original team and join 2 other future HOF'ers. Dirk had the better supporting cast at the beginning of his career, but KG had to join forces. Hmmm idk... 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At his peak, I'd take Garnett over Dirk. But yea, Dirk obviously lasted a bit longer. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
At his peak, I'd take Garnett over Dirk. But yea, Dirk obviously lasted a bit longer. 
I'm in the same boat.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I figured that Dirk had the upper hand in terms of scoring by far, but he's "only" scored 3000 more. So yeah, with his all around impact I'd take KG also.
Dirk is doing amazing things still but we tend to overrate the overall significance of what players do at the back end of their career. It's cool, but it doesn't really move the needle anymore.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea, Im going with longevity. Dirk over KG, but barely. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
those two are a toss up. cant go wrong either way. i would say kg but i like the more traditional type players.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dirk's playstyle allowed for the longer longevity. KG was a bruiser and Dirk had such a finesse aspect to his game

Boogie

Hard Cap Issues
Reaction score
1. Tim Duncan
I'd have Tim Duncan #1, because he is a great franchise player. I'd like to think Duncan has been a consistent player throughout his career. Duncan has great work ethic, fundamentals, and he knows how to win.

2. Dirk Nowitzki
I have Dirk Nowitzki #2, because he is the greatest European player in NBA history. The great thing about Dirk is that he is a stretch four. Dirk has this move that I'm sure we have all seen or heard of before, and that's his fallaway. His fallaway is probably the hardest move to defend in the NBA.

3. Karl Malone
I got Karl Malone as the 3rd best power forward in history. Although he has never gotten a championship, Malone is known for his beast moves and his on the court relationship with John Stockton. Malone and Stockton are one of the best duos in history. Malone was named All NBA First Team 11 consecutive times. That's amazing.

4. Kevin Garnett
At #4 stands the great Kevin Garnett. Garnett has had an outstanding career, He's a defensive player of the year winner, 15 time all star, 12 time all defensive team, 9 time all NBA selection, and even has a ring. Garnett had to do mostly everything in his early years as an official NBA player, he had to defend, rebound, score, and be a playmaker.

5. Charles Barkley
Last of all is Charles Barkley. I'm not a Charles Barkley fan, but I got to admit, he was a really good player. He was an MVP, 11 time all star, and in the Hall of Fame. Barkley is a player that can do just about anything. He can defend, rebound, and score from about anywhere on the court, not a great 3pt shooter though. He was one of the most dominate paint players and a really good shooter from inside the 3 point line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%