Wolves Unlikely To Move Derrick Williams

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are teams that have called us and asked us if we are going to trade him, but I think that everybody saw the same thing that you saw, including the coach, Taylor said. Once we got him out on the floor and he had a chance to play, he started to play better. We have to remember that he still a very young man and a player that has a lot of potential. So we may trade somebody on our team, but its not going to be [him], unless it really would help our team.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/24/derrick-williams-not-likely-to-be-traded-minnesota-owner-says/

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because they have an unreleastic expectation of what they can get for him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take him in a heartbeat.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
He either has to commit to transitioning to the 3, in which case he'd have to work on his speed and defense, or bulk the hell up to play 4, but then he'd be a backup, without question. I like the kid, but I'm not seeing enough physical changes to justify keeping him at the moment. He can't be that stretch guy who can suck at 3 or play marginally well at the 4 and become the player they thought he was. He has to commit himself to one position.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Quick Note: Adelman has too quick of a trigger with him, though. Without question. Dante Cunningham played really well this past season, but he shouldn't have started ahead of Derrick once the Wolves were clearly out of the playoff picture. It was time to let Williams develop.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's 6'8 240. He doesn't have to bulk up at all, he has to get taller.

Too slow to play SF.

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
Glad to hear this.  I have heard a possible trade scenario for him though that has me atleast intrigued a bit however I came up with my own version of it.

Anyways been hearing D-Will + Barea for Kevin Garnett.  Now I don't like giving up D-Will for basically a 1 year shot 2 @ the absolute most but if bringing in KG could help us land Pierce when he's bought out(if he's not traded) I'd be all for it as a lineup of
C- Pekovic / KG / #9 or #26
PF - Love / KG / Cunningham
SF - AK47 / Budinger / #52 or #59
SG - Pierce / #9 or #26
PG - Rubio / Ridnour / Shved

looks like a legitimate title contender if they can stay healthy.  My version of the trade depends upon if Pekovic doesn't want to be back in Minnesota as we could S&T Pekovic with either Ridnour or Barea to Boston for KG & Courtney Lee.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There must be something behind Williams and Barea because I heard from a guy who has connections inside the Saints and Pelicans that the two teams discussed Gordon for Williams and Barea.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Wolves traded for KG they wouldn't re-sign Pekovic.

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
elcheato said:
If the Wolves traded for KG they wouldn't re-sign Pekovic.
I'm not so sure about that, KG would be on basically a 1 yr deal and he could be brought in to backup both Pek & Love

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KG is on a 2 year deal, and the Wolves aren't going to pay him 12 million dollars to be the back up, and he certainly isn't going to sign off on a trade to be a back up for a middling team.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
KG isnt going to sign off on a trade to Minnesota even if he's starting

And Paul playing SG is a defensive nightmare at his age

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
elcheato said:
KG is on a 2 year deal, and the Wolves aren't going to pay him 12 million dollars to be the back up, and he certainly isn't going to sign off on a trade to be a back up for a middling team.
I know he has 2 years left on the deal but most likely will retire after next season.  Atleast that's the presumption that everyone has made reguardless if he stays in Boston(while now he might retire if he stays in Boston), goes to LA or anywhere else.

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
KG isnt going to sign off on a trade to Minnesota even if he's starting

And Paul playing SG is a defensive nightmare at his age
I know KG doesn't get along with Glen Taylor for obvious reasons but a lot of time has went by and time heals all wounds, now if enough time has gone by or not I don't know.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
He's 6'8 240. He doesn't have to bulk up at all, he has to get taller.

Too slow to play SF.

Well then he needs to develop a post game similar to what Carl Landry has because he plays the 4 just fine at 6'8.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Well then he needs to develop a post game similar to what Carl Landry has because he plays the 4 just fine at 6'8.
man your man crushes are absurd.

two different kinds of games.

hes a tweener because he doesnt have a 3 game or a 4 game. hes too slow and not the outside player for a full time small forward, he cant bang down low all game to be a full time power forward.

hes better suited off the bench, but not even as a 6th man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%