2012 NFL Gameday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Matt Stafford and Eli were extremely hyped coming out of college.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Luck isnt a once in a generation prospect, hes way overrated by the media into that. Locker was considered a great prospect until he kinda fell under the radar his SR Season. If he would of continued from his Jr Year, he would of been just like Luck.
I completely agree with this

I don't see Lick being all that better than Matt Ryan

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea people said out of high school stafford was going to be the number one pick in the nfl draft

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The whole "once in a generation" idea is just overhyped and overstated by the media to create interest in the draft and some of its prospects. It seems like every other year at the least we have a QB that is "once in a generation" and EVERY year we are told that "not since Dan Marino's pro day have we seen a workout this good."

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So edgy. It's amazing to see how many people are downplaying the Luck hype just to seem different.

I strongly recommend actually watching a Stanford game from the past two years. Just about any Stanford game. Luck is the best quarterback prospect I have ever seen. His knowledge and understanding of the game, his decision making, surgical accuracy, leadership, athleticism, just about everything you look for in a quarterback, he is damn near elite in every category. It's easy to become quickly annoyed by media hype, especially ESPN. Most people just quickly dismiss everything they say (and usually for a good reason), but with the Luck hype, I think it's justified.

Granted, I've only been following the NFL draft since about 2002 or 2003, but that's near a decades worth of prospects, and I have never seen one better than Luck.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
So edgy. It's amazing to see how many people are downplaying the Luck hype just to seem different.

I strongly recommend actually watching a Stanford game from the past two years. Just about any Stanford game. Luck is the best quarterback prospect I have ever seen. His knowledge and understanding of the game, his decision making, surgical accuracy, leadership, athleticism, just about everything you look for in a quarterback, he is damn near elite in every category. It's easy to become quickly annoyed by media hype, especially ESPN. Most people just quickly dismiss everything they say (and usually for a good reason), but with the Luck hype, I think it's justified.

Granted, I've only been following the NFL draft since about 2002 or 2003, but that's near a decades worth of prospects, and I have never seen one better than Luck.
Completely agree. He's the best quarterback prospect I have ever seen and I do think the Luck hype is justified. I can't disagree with one thing you said.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm going to second that ^ 100%. Everyone is trying to be contrarian on this board all of a sudden.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I like RG3 more than Luck .. -__-

& I laugh at the "Name a better prospect than Peyton in the past few years.

Ryan Leaf was a much better Prospect, Colts just fell inlove with Manning and got lucky.

The arm strength, accuracy, etc shit that Manning gets praised for now, that was Leaf coming out of college.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Very strong probability Eagles CB Asante Samuel dealt this week. Philly knows it won't get much in return. Likely done by draft

TTN2810

Reaction score
Blaine Gabbert cut his hair, Jake Locker grew a nice beard.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I like RG3 more than Luck .. -__-

& I laugh at the "Name a better prospect than Peyton in the past few years.

Ryan Leaf was a much better Prospect, Colts just fell inlove with Manning and got lucky.

The arm strength, accuracy, etc shit that Manning gets praised for now, that was Leaf coming out of college.
I'm not going to say I like one more than the other, but the only kind of deep passing game I see out of Luck is off of play action. I'm not sure he'll be able to push the field. Not to mention Kirk Cousins gets blasted for not having enough velocity on the ball, and Luck gets even less.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Falcons are on the verge of acquiring Eagles Pro-Bowl cornerback Asante Samuel for a late-round pick.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Come to minny, we have open arms.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Zurich Classic is going on right now, Sean Payton and Mark Ingram are there. There might be more Saints players and employees there, I don't know.

But a reporter asked what will he do if he sees Payon on the course, Ingram said "I'm going to turn around and go the other way." Lol, thought that was pretty funny.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Linebacker Cameron Wake and the Miami Dolphins reached agreement on a four-year, $49 million extension that includes $20 million guaranteed, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Sunday.

Wake, who has one year and $650,000 left on his contract, had skipped the Dolphins' voluntary workouts at the end of April because he wanted a new contract.

Wake, who made the Pro Bowl in 2010 with 14 sacks, has been one of the few bright spots in Miami since the Dolphins signed him in 2009 out of the Canadian Football League, giving him $4.9 million for four years, including $1 million guaranteed.

Wake went undrafted out of Penn State and signed with the New York Giants, but he didn't make it to training camp. He amassed 39 sacks in two CFL seasons and was a two-time defensive player of the year.

The 30-year-old Wake has 122 tackles and 28 sacks in three NFL seasons.
ESPN

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Former LSU QB Jordan Jefferson impressed enough during the Bucs' rookie camp that Tampa has signed him to a contract. Jefferson will compete with Brett Ratliff and Zach Collaros for the #3 job during training camp.
“He’s an athletic guy who has a strong arm,” Bucs coach Greg Schiano said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “We wanted to gauge his development as a quarterback. I thought he made consistent improvement all weekend. There’s a lot of upside there, so I think we would like to have a chance to work with him.”

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/look-lsus-jordan-jefferson-among-large-number-signings-bucs-rookie-camp

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well, if Blaine Gabbert & Chad Henne don't work out for the Jaguars, they at least know they have a fall back option now with Jordan Palmer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%