2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thought it would be a good idea to start up this thread since the first preseason games are tonight. Pin this please someone and unpin last seasons

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
"Rookie quarterback Blaine Gabbert will be getting live bullets with the first team offense a lot sooner than the team had originally planned. While it was planned for Gabbert to get time with the first team, the plan wasn't to do it in the very first pre-season game as the starting quarterback. With David Garrard out with a back injury, Gabbert has been getting reps with the first team offense for almost a week. He should have some timing down with receivers Mike Thomas and Jason Hill, as well as tight end Zach Miller.

The Jaguars have a fantastic opportunity with their rookie quarterback to really test where he's at after a few weeks of practice. In the limited time I've been able to see him in camp, he's looked much further along than one would expect a rookie to be without an offseason contact with the coaching staff aside from getting a playbook. With the work with the first team and Gabbert getting the start, the Jaguars can open it up and see exactly what they've got.
It's a preseason game. Let the kid loose.

If Gabbert throws three really bad interceptions, who cares? He's a rookie, he's in his first live action against another team. No big deal.

If Gabbert throws three long touchdowns, who cares? He's a rookie, and that would just hammer home a bit the Jaguars knew who they were picking and how talented the kid is.

The team would be doing themselves a disservice if they came out and ran the ball for 75% of Gabbert's snaps and then pulled him out after a few series. If the kid isn't getting banged around, why pull him out?"

Can't believe people would want Garrard to still start.. take the bumps and learn with Gabbert.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I checked the guide and there's only two games being televised... and one of them is going to be a replay on NFL N. <_<

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I checked the guide and there's only two games being televised... and one of them is going to be a replay on NFL N. <_<
oyeh? and which games are dat?

Seahawks and San Diego?

Philly and whoever they playin?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Alright, just pinned this.. so this is the official 2011 thread.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
So with the Roth signing today.. Jags defense looks like the following

Kampman - Knighton - Alualu - Roth

Smith - Poz - Session

Mathis - Greene - Landry - Cox

No real big holes, no weaknesses. Pretty solid.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
players out for the lions tomorrow:

T Jeff Backus, TE Brandon Pettigrew, T Jason Fox, RB Maurice Morris, WR Titus Young, RB Mikel Leshoure, DT Andre Fluellen, CB Alphonso Smith, and DT Nick Fairley.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I dont know why people were freaking out over Leshoure being injured

They still have jahvid

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score

They still have jahvid
Really? REALLLY?
LOL.. You're clueless.

Best is their scat back, he can't run between the tackles.. (Reggie Bush type.. wtfe)

Leshoure was going to be the one that really helped them get them tough yards and break some long runs in the process (Steven Jackson type).

Having just best does them no good.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

They still have jahvid
smfh Jahvid isnt a every down back. He can run in between tackles that well, he is a make you miss type of guy. Leshoure is more of a bruiser and he can run between the tackles. Him and Best were suppose to split carries this year thats why.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm still upset about LeShoure but just have to wait until next year to see what he can do.

Even though it's preseason, it'll be nice to see some football. Although, I probably wont watch all the way through. The initial excitement will most likely fade by halftime.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LeShoure's injury almost makes me unexcited for the football season.
Like that shit hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%