2016 NFL Draft Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To add onto that, some people now think he could go in the first round. That seems like a tad much, although if he runs in the 4.3 range like he anticipates, then who knows. He has rare lateral quickness too. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/692744502583390209

Wut

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm waiting to do my scouting until the Super Bowl ends to start my scouting, but I've heard tons of hype for him

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's legit. I think San Diego or Dallas is a better fit for him because he can sit for a while but he's the first QB I'd take.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://vine.co/v/i57vzlFYZTd

https://vine.co/v/i57mgBXFWiw

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i'll give Bware credit for his posts about Carson Wentz before he exploded during senior bowl practice. Some of it had to do with his insane love for Division 2 and 3 football, but it was a good call regardless. Seems like he is going top 5. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's a NDSU fan, so homerism was involved.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You were talking about Noah Spence being a potential mid-round steal a few weeks ago, and now he looks like he's gonna go first round.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I only said that because I assumed he had off-field issues that would sink him a bit.  He has top 20 talent.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wasn't calling out your evaluation skills 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Been watching some Wentz tape for the last 30 minutes.  I haven't developed any strong opinions, but I'm a big fan of his throwing mechanics.  Very quick release.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Wentz sometimes has iffy lower body mechanics but that's fixable. Along with having the most complete and refined set of skills among top QB prospects, he is the only one to run a mostly pro style offense. He's also a 4.0 student with great football IQ and his situational decision making is special.

Huge arm
Adequate mobility
Able mind
Ideal size

This kid can be special. Whether he is or not is up to him.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brissett is an interesting prospect.  Not quite sure what to make of him, but there is definitely some potential there.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
I hope AZ goes for CB Miles Killebrew.  Looks like another Honey Badger..

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Imagine Carson Wentz is the same player, but played at a major FBS school (which he likely would have had an injury not forced him to play other positions until his senior season in high school). He'd be the consensus #1 QB like he should be anyway.

Better arm than Goff. Better pocket-awareness than Lynch. Probably the most mobile of the 3, too. I also think he may have taken more snaps under center and in pro style sets than Goff and Lynch combined.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just started watching some tape for this draft

• Something seems off about Wentz. Either its his posture or his throwing motion, I can't tell, but its weird. Has a rocket arm though.
• Goff just doesn't seem to have a strong enough arm, from what I've seen. He has some great touch passes, and has a strong awareness on the field for the pass rush, but lacks that zip on the pass (especially since I watched Wentz first). 
• While he makes mistakes, I actually so far like Paxton Lynch the best. Shows some throwing tendencies of Stafford and Andrew Luck, but he's quite raw right now. A good coach for the mobile QB could do wonders for him (#7 overall pick to SF??)

• Laremy Tunsil is the #1 overall pick, and its not even going to be close. By far the best prospect, in what I'm finding to be a relatively weak class.
• Ronnie Stanley is not a left tackle in the NFL. I do not like the way he positions himself post-snap, and all signs point to him being a REALLY strong LG, but I don't see him going as a LT.

• I do not like Bosa as a top 5 pick. He looks like a solid run defender in contain, and has nice moves, but he lacks the speed of some edge rushers, but doesn't have the size/strength to play inside. He truly seems like a 4-3 DE, and based off draft order, he seems like a New York Giant to me. REALLY cannot see him playing inside as a DT in nickel or 3-4 DE.
• On the contrary, Deforest Buckner is ONLY a 3-4 DE. I don't like him as a pure 3T in a 4-3, and he's too slow to be a 4-3 DE. He has great length and will make any 3-4 defense very happy. #3 to SD, #5 to JAC, and #6 to BAL all strong possibilities
• I've heard so much about Shaq Lawson prior to seeing his tape, and he's in a real weird position. At his size, he's a 4-3 DE, without question. But he's not quick at all off the line, and that's huge. He's got ton of power, and could be a very good replacement for Mario Williams at #19 for the Bills.
• Haven't scouted too many players yet, but the edge rusher I like the most is Noah Spence. Dude has great reactions and gets off the line very quickly. I like him more as an OLB in a 3-4, but he'd be capable of playing DE if he got a bit stronger. I think he'd be a great pick for the Chargers at #3, and at this point would be shocked to see him fall past the Niners at #7 overall the way I see him.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Just started watching some tape for this draft

• Something seems off about Wentz. Either its his posture or his throwing motion, I can't tell, but its weird. Has a rocket arm though.

It's his feet. They don't move as fast as his upper body so he ends up delivering from a lot of weird positions. He needs a good QB coach in the pros to help with his mechanics. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Yeah, his lower body mechanics are iffy but that's about it. Still great with velocity and ball placement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%