Bosox's Mock Draft

TTN2810

Reaction score
Titans really like McClellin. They'd have him play end and a little OLB I've read, they feel he can do both out of 4-3.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Titans really like McClellin. They'd have him play end and a little OLB I've read, they feel he can do both out of 4-3.
thats what I thought, but then Yanks had me 2nd guessing a bit lol

I don't do a whole lot of research for the teams that aren't the Patriots, so yeah lol

TTN2810

Reaction score
I was a little surprised too. But he's a good player, he'll contribute from anywhere IMO

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's a solid player, and I'd be fine if the Pats drafted him.

I've heard from numerous places that he is a less angry version of Clay Matthews

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And can someone tell me why people actualy think Blackmon is all that special?

He's an undersized receiver, first off. Yeah, he plays like a 6'3" WR. Thats not all that special. Stephen Hill is 6'5". Blackmon isn't that fast either. Not slow, but not all that fast. Think around an 84 speed rating equilvalent on Madden. He is a short/medium yardage guy, not someone who can stretch the field. OK State also used one of the most simple, basic offenses in all of football. Was it successful? Sure. Would it work in the NFL? Not one bit.

Also, look at the teams they faced in terms of defense. They faced an average defensive ranking of 79, which is well below the average. Not hard defenses at all. Their toughest challenge was versus Texas, the #14 defense. And they are mostly a run stopping D. Blackmon had little opposition in stopping him, and he will not do well in the NFL. He's mad overrated right now.

Fisher wants a DT, and Cox fits his team real well as a pass rushing DT

I see no reason to go JB over Cox

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
And can someone tell me why people actualy think Blackmon is all that special?

He's an undersized receiver, first off. Yeah, he plays like a 6'3" WR. Thats not all that special. Stephen Hill is 6'5". Blackmon isn't that fast either. Not slow, but not all that fast. Think around an 84 speed rating equilvalent on Madden. He is a short/medium yardage guy, not someone who can stretch the field. OK State also used one of the most simple, basic offenses in all of football. Was it successful? Sure. Would it work in the NFL? Not one bit.

Also, look at the teams they faced in terms of defense. They faced an average defensive ranking of 79, which is well below the average. Not hard defenses at all. Their toughest challenge was versus Texas, the #14 defense. And they are mostly a run stopping D. Blackmon had little opposition in stopping him, and he will not do well in the NFL. He's mad overrated right now.

Fisher wants a DT, and Cox fits his team real well as a pass rushing DT

I see no reason to go JB over Cox
Going by your sig tho..

Why dont you like cox? I really thought you did.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just because I dont want a player for my team doesn't mean I think he wont be good.

For example, I think Harrison Smith is a great talented safety, and could probably do quite well in the NFL. But Smith would be an awful fit for the Patriots needs; we need a cover FS, and he's a run stopping SS.

I dont feel like Cox would be a great fit on the Patriots line. That being said, when I made that list in my sig, it was when he was projected to go late 20s. Im gonna update my sig, and take off Cox. I wouldnt be thrilled with the pick that will never happen, but I'd warm up to it.

Harrison Smith is my new "I dont want him touching a Pats uniform" guy

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Why dont you like cox? I really thought you did.

Just because I dont want a player for my team doesn't mean I think he wont be good.

For example, I think Harrison Smith is a great talented safety, and could probably do quite well in the NFL. But Smith would be an awful fit for the Patriots needs; we need a cover FS, and he's a run stopping SS.

I dont feel like Cox would be a great fit on the Patriots line. That being said, when I made that list in my sig, it was when he was projected to go late 20s. Im gonna update my sig, and take off Cox. I wouldnt be thrilled with the pick that will never happen, but I'd warm up to it.

Harrison Smith is my new "I dont want him touching a Pats uniform" guy
lol.. i guess you didnt see my Pun.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Blackmon plays like 6'5, not 6'3, and did you just say he can't stretch the field?!

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Blackmon plays like 6'5, not 6'3, and did you just say he can't stretch the field?!
His OC Todd Monken said "You watch game tape and you think Justin is 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, but he's 6-1, 207. He just plays bigger."

Blackmon doesn't play 6'5

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
His OC Todd Monken said "You watch game tape and you think Justin is 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, but he's 6-1, 207. He just plays bigger."

Blackmon doesn't play 6'5
Yep.

If a 6'1" WR played like a 6'5" WR, and had the success that Blackmon did in college, he'd be a Top 3 pick, no questions asked.

TTN2810

Reaction score
The fact that he has about a 25 ft throwing radius, and can out jump 6'5 receivers, I'd say he plays like 6'5. That's my opinion. This is all based on facts too.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
The fact that he has about a 25 ft throwing radius, and can out jump 6'5 receivers, I'd say he plays like 6'5. That's my opinion. This is all based on facts too.
All because it was on the stupid ass ESPN Sports Science doesn't mean it translates to the NFL. And He jumped taller than Plax on there, not every 6'5 WR. Put your tongue back in your mouth.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Have you not seen him run a fade? He out jumps everyone. I've said he plays huge for the longest time.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Have you not seen him run a fade? He out jumps everyone. I've said he plays huge for the longest time.
Have you noticed OK State faced some of the worst pass defenses in the country, so obviously Blackmon will outjump the defenders... he's taller/equal in height, and he has a higher football IQ than most of the DBs he faced.

TTN2810

Reaction score
What football IQ does it take to cover a fade lmao? They knew it was coming. And what does it matter if the CB's were shorter than him? Not a lot of CB's are even 6'1 in the NFL.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
What football IQ does it take to cover a fade lmao? They knew it was coming. And what does it matter if the CB's were shorter than him? Not a lot of CB's are even 6'1 in the NFL.
I'm not even saying Blackmon isn't good, but you make him out to be some superstar WR, when hes not. If he was as great as your making him out to be, he would be going in the top 3.

Teams would be thinking he was an elite prospect whenever it was already reported that teams feel there are only 5 Elite Prospects. Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Claiborne, Richardson.

Blackmon is good, but he faced shitty defenses, body catches, Is 6'1 REGARDLESS of how big he plays, he wont play that big in the NFL. & Hes not as fast as his 40 time.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm not even saying Blackmon isn't good, but you make him out to be some superstar WR, when hes not. If he was as great as your making him out to be, he would be going in the top 3.

Teams would be thinking he was an elite prospect whenever it was already reported that teams feel there are only 5 Elite Prospects. Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Claiborne, Richardson.

Blackmon is good, but he faced shitty defenses, body catches, Is 6'1 REGARDLESS of how big he plays, he wont play that big in the NFL. & Hes not as fast as his 40 time.
I don't care about 40's or anything. If he's plays great on the field that's what I want. I don't think he's going to be Calvin Johnson, but everyone's saying now he's comparable with guys who went late first. No way. He's going to be damn good. And don't count out top 3, he could still go to Minnesota.

TTN2810

Reaction score
And where did you get that 5 list lol? I've heard tons of people say Kalil will never be elite, and isn't close to an elite prospect. He's not even close to a Jake Long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%