OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Draft Thead.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The Falcons wanted to trade up with the Bengals to snag A.J. Green, the Bengals didn't feel what was offered was worth giving up the fourth pick and ultimately A.J. Green. So, the Falcons must've thought Green was a bit better, but it didn't work out for them. I'm glad we didn't trade back that far, granted we would've gotten a lot of picks but we need help right now.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

You're saying its a great move because its just picks?

Thank god you aren't a NFL GM.

Getting picks for years afterwords is what keep the Pats great, they still get playmakers, and get extra picks for the next year. Julio is nothing special to come up that high for. Your draft would of probably looked like "Julio Jones - 1st" "Trade up in the 2nd for McElroy and Ingram".

You're a Alabama homer, and its quite obvious. Take off the glasses and look. Julio isn't that great, he isn't the #1 WR also. I'd rather take Green, Little over him.
LOL not at all. I'm saying Julio could be real good. Atlanta as a team WILL be good next season...no doubt. So there picks are going to be towards the bottom of the draft. LOL Julio has a good chance to be real good on their team. If the Falcons didn't believe so, they wouldn't have made the trade.

McElroy could also be a surprise...but picking him before the 7th would be a bad call.

Mooche

Reaction score
I loved the fact that this Draft was basically Chris Polian's board.

Young blood baby.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
LOL not at all. I'm saying Julio could be real good. Atlanta as a team WILL be good next season...no doubt. So there picks are going to be towards the bottom of the draft. LOL Julio has a good chance to be real good on their team. If the Falcons didn't believe so, they wouldn't have made the trade.

McElroy could also be a surprise...but picking him before the 7th would be a bad call.
Whos to say they'll be good? Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL.

Julio sure isn't going to put them over the top when their main problems are on Defense. Its not like they've never had a good WR. Who knows that Julio will even be good. I wouldn't put it past Atlanta completely bombing next year.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I loved the fact that this Draft was basically Chris Polian's board.

Young blood baby.
That's how I feel with the Bengals. We'll have a new QB, new left guard, new WR's. We'll have A.J. Green, Jerome Simpson, Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell, Ryan Whalen, Jermaine Gresham. That's a ton of young blood.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
That's how I feel with the Bengals. We'll have a new QB, new left guard, new WR's. We'll have A.J. Green, Jerome Simpson, Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell, Ryan Whalen, Jermaine Gresham. That's a ton of young blood.
Althought history proves that most QBs in the 2nd round bust.

Only good ones were Brees and Favre I believe.

Other than that, busts.

Mooche

Reaction score
Althought history proves that most QBs in the 2nd round bust.

Only good ones were Brees and Favre I believe.

Other than that, busts.
Kind of interesting that is the reality of 2nd round guys.

Oh well. Hope for Bengals that Dalton can change that.

I thought it was pretty funny that Woodley posted on Twitter "Never sacked a ginger before... can't wait!"

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'm not worried about it, if the QB position ends up killing the team, then we'll be looking at Andrew Luck next year. I want to win this year, but I'm not going to worry about it. I hope it works out, but if it doesn't, then there's nothing I can do about it, out of my control.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I'm not worried about it, if the QB position ends up killing the team, then we'll be looking at Andrew Luck next year. I want to win this year, but I'm not going to worry about it. I hope it works out, but if it doesn't, then there's nothing I can do about it, out of my control.
Andrew Luck is only a Junior, he didn't want to go to Carolina, so he stayed in school. If there some place he doesn't wanna go next year, he'll stay in school again.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is only a Junior, he didn't want to go to Carolina, so he stayed in school. If there some place he doesn't wanna go next year, he'll stay in school again.
There's going to be some good QB's in the draft next year, if we can't get Luck, we'll get someone.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Barkey isn't a senior either.

Thats why I hate people saying "Wait till next years draft" Nobody knows whats gonna happen.

Mooche

Reaction score

Thats why I hate people saying "Wait till next years draft" Nobody knows whats gonna happen.
No, he isn't.. And it could be a waiting game for Barkley to see if Luck decides to declare. He may want to stay another year and try to be the number one overall selection.

It's really just a case of who the fuck knows now. You got guys like Jake Locker sitting and costing himself some money, and just cases of everything.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score

Which is why I'm not worried, I haven't seen what Dalton can do for us yet. I might not even have to worry about it, who knows, time will tell.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Baldwin stays on course...he will be on par with Julio

Dead Ass

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
PHILADELPHIA (AP) The Philadelphia Eagles can't have Clay Matthews, so they drafted his brother.

Casey Matthews, a linebacker from Oregon, was Philadelphia's first pick in the fourth round of the NFL draft Saturday. His older brother tormented the Eagles as a member of the Green Bay Packers last year.

``Clay had some success against them,'' Matthews said. ``At the conclusion of my visit when I was out there, Coach (Andy) Reid said, 'Tell your brother we're gonna get him next year with you on the team.' And I told Clay that. I don't think they have the Packers on the schedule, but hopefully we get them in the playoffs.''
apparently andy reid had been planning on taking him for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%