Combine talk

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Mallett is 6'7. Dayum. However is getting reviews from Scouts as Ryan Leaf #pass.

This made me laugh.
#Bengals QB coach Ken Zampese says Cam Newton's off-field stuff won't matter much. "It's not like he was just doing crack a week ago"
Welp, if your an NFL player with character concerns, we know you'll always have a shot with the Bengals, just as long as you're not doing crack.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
And it follows.

#bengals will have an interview with Auburn QB Cam Newton tonight

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmmm Interesting. That means that Mike Brown might have changed his stance on trading Carson.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Hmmm Interesting. That means that Mike Brown might have changed his stance on trading Carson.
Well it was reported lately that the Bengals have started being serious about Palmer saying he will retire. Before they was laughing at him for it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Pittsburgh WR Jonathan Baldwin measured 6-foot-4 3/8 inches and 223 pounds at Friday's Scouting Combine weigh-in.
He's nearly as big as advertised, and is expected to be among the top performers in the vertical and forty when receivers run this weekend. Baldwin's off-field character and on-field effort concerns may keep him out of the first round, but he's a rare talent. He most certainly won't get out of round two.

One longtime NFL personnel man tells John McClain of the Houston Chronicle that "every time he looks at Ryan Mallett he sees Ryan Leaf."
We've discussed the Mallett-Leaf comparisons before, and they're widespread in the NFL community as well as amongst fans. It's a stigma Mallett will try to overcome during the interview process. FOX Sports' Adam Caplan has predicted that Mallett could fall to the third round due to character concerns.

Pittsburgh RB Dion Lewis measured just 5-foot-6 1/2 inches and 193 pounds at Friday's NFL Combine weigh-in.
It's even smaller than expected. Couple the glaring lack of ideal size with Lewis' disappointing redshirt sophomore season, and you probably have a late-round prospect. We can't say we'd be shocked if Lewis went undrafted.

Indiana WR Tandon Doss measured 6-foot-2 and 201 pounds at Friday's Scouting Combine weigh-in.
He's an inch smaller than his college listing, and looks "very average," according to NFP's Wes Bunting. Doss is skinny, so it's not the least bit surprising that his build wasn't overly impressive. After undergoing double groin surgery in January, Doss will look to impress in the forty this weekend.

Georgia WR A.J. Green measured 6-foot-3 1/2 inches and 211 pounds at Friday's Scouting Combine weigh-in.
He was listed at 6'4/205 at Georgia. Green is still an impressive athletic specimen, and plans to do all drills in Indianapolis. We're tentatively expecting this year's consensus top receiver prospect to run a mid-4.4s forty time.

Auburn QB Cam Newton checked in at 6-foot-5 and 248 pounds during Friday's Scouting Combine weigh-in.
According to NFP's Wes Bunting, Newton looked "physically imposing" and confirmed his "impressive" athletic build. He also has 9 7/8-inch hands. Meanwhile, Mizzou's Blaine Gabbert measured 6-foot-4 3/8 inches and 234 with 10-inch mitts. Arkansas' Ryan Mallett is nearly 6-foot-7 (6'6 3/4) and 253 pounds. The Razorbacks' all-time passing leader has ridiculous 10 3/4-inch hands.

Alabama WR Julio Jones measured 6-foot-2 3/4 inches and 220 pounds at Friday's Scouting Combine weigh-in.
He's got 9 3/4-inch hands, bigger than A.J. Green's. Jones checked in more than an inch shorter than his 6-foot-4 college listing, but he's certainly still an impressive specimen. According to the National Football Post, Jones exhibited a "strong" build "with good overall definition."

North Carolina WR Greg Little measured 6-foot-2 and 231 pounds at Friday's NFL Combine weigh-in.
Little missed all of last season like so many Tar Heel football players, but characterized himself as being "in the best shape of my life." He spent the year training with MMA fighters. A former running back, Little projects as a late second- to early third-day draft pick. His college career never really got off the ground before the year-ending suspension.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Torrey is over-rated for me. IDK why he's suddenly rising. He'll be the second DHB. Same college, no routes, but he's big and fast so that equals best WR EVARR!!!
But DAMN. Mark Ingram is only 5'9.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well it was reported lately that the Bengals have started being serious about Palmer saying he will retire. Before they was laughing at him for it.

Bengals
head coach Marvin Lewis said Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine that
the club is proceeding as if it won't have Carson Palmer at quarterback
in 2011. Lewis said he has talked to Palmer since Palmer requested a
trade and it has been reported that he'll retire if it's not granted.
"All I know is what I've been told," Lewis said.

They are very serious about it, now.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Torrey is over-rated for me. IDK why he's suddenly rising. He'll be the second DHB. Same college, no routes, but he's big and fast so that equals best WR EVARR!!!
But DAMN. Mark Ingram is only 5'9.
I think Ingram was listed at about 5'10 so it's not a huge shock to me.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He was, but 5'10 is the cut off for me in most cases. Either way, I still love him. He's gonna riseee before the draft.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jack Del Rio said QB is not a need because Garrard "can take us where we want go." But he'd like to draft developmental guy.
where do we wanna go? #1 overall?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
The Lions will reportedly pass on cornerbacks at No. 13 overall if Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara is taken before they're on the board.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guess that means its either ayers or solder if either of them are there at the 13th pick.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jacquizz Rodgers measured 5-foot-5 and 7/8 at Friday's Combine weigh-in. Ryan Williams was a rocked-up 5'9/212.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Damn, Quizz is even smaller than Dion.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
1 1 David Carr Fresno State Houston Texans
1 3 Joey Harrington Oregon Detroit Lions
1 32 Patrick Ramsey Tulane Washington Redskins
3 81 Josh McCown Sam Houston State Arizona Cardinals
4 108 David Garrard East Carolina Jacksonville Jaguars
4 117 Rohan Davey Louisiana State New England Patriots
5 137 Randy Fasani Stanford Carolina Panthers
5 158 Kurt Kittner Illinois Atlanta Falcons
5 163 Brandon Doman Brigham Young San Francisco 49ers
5 164 Craig Nall Northwestern State-Louisiana Green Bay Packers
6 186 J.T. O’Sullivan California-Davis New Orleans Saints
7 216 Seth Burford Cal Poly-S.L.O. San Diego Chargers
7 232 Jeff Kelly Southern Mississippi Seattle Seahawks
7 235 Ronald Curry North Carolina Oakland Raiders
7 236 Wes Pate Stephen F. Austin St. Baltimore Ravens
worst qb draft ever. 2002

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmao wow that draft it horrible. Please dont remind me of joey harrington though. Brings back the nightmares lol.

Mooche

Reaction score
He was, but 5'10 is the cut off for me in most cases. Either way, I still love him. He's gonna riseee before the draft.
You don't want a RB that's too tall. It's good for Mark he is 5'9 anyways, IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%