2011 Senior Bowl.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
For everybody that loves to watch players and study em, today and the rest of the week is a good chance to do so with alot of the top players in the NFL Draft because its Senior Bowl week.

The Coaching staff is

Bengals Coach the North team.
Bills Coach the South team.

Rosters are here.

North: http://www.seniorbowl.com/northroster.asp
South: http://www.seniorbowl.com/southroster.asp

I know since the Jags are drafting a QB in one of the first 2 rounds this year, I'm keeping an eye out for all the QBs on both rosters (Especially Dalton and Locker). Alot of good players.

Practice comes on NFL Network everyday around 3.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Some Notes of whats happened so far:

Colorado LT Nate Solder's arms measured 35 inches at Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.
They're exceptionally long arms, boding well for Solder's ability to stay at left tackle in the pros. A former tight end (he started four games there as a freshman), Solder combines terrific athleticism with ideal size at 6'9/315. He's considered the top draft-eligible tackle prospect in some circles.
Wisconsin OT Gabe Carimi's arms measured 35 1/4 inches at Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.
Some projections have had Carimi kicking to right tackle in the pros after succeeding Joe Thomas for the Badgers. Perhaps that will be the case, but not because he lacks the length for the blind side. In terms of arm length, anything over 35 inches is pretty freakish. He's a likely first-round pick.
Jake Locker just weighed in around the same as Jimmy Clausen did last year (6'2 220) and that really isn't a good sign because Clausen was considered "small" among circles last year.

Boston College OT Anthony Castonzo's arms measured 35 1/4 inches at Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.
The 2011 offensive tackle class has been knocked as underwhelming, but it certainly doesn't lack outstanding length. 6-foot-7 and 310 pounds with ideal arms, Castonzo started a whopping 54 games for B.C. He's widely projected as a right tackle in the NFL, but does not lack left tackle-caliber size.
TCU QB Andy Dalton measured exactly 6-foot-2 at Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in.
Deceivingly listed at 6-foot-3 by the Horned Frogs, Dalton was previously rumored to be in the 6-foot-1 range, so the measurement is ultimately good news. While he does come up short of "ideal height," it's not enough to severely hurt his stock. Dalton is picking up steam as a potential second-day pick.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Brat call ten straight runs, to the same side on 3 & 1 and get stuffed every time. These college players will be thinking, are these really NFL coaches???

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Man do I ever feel bad for the North team, were going to make them look horrible heading into the draft.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The South is stacked with QB's... Greg McElroy, Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder.. Will be interesting to see what Ponder does considering the way his season ended, he needs a good game.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
The South is stacked with QB's... Greg McElroy, Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder.. Will be interesting to see what Ponder does considering the way his season ended, he needs a good game.
McElroy is the worst of the bunch, he more than likely will only be in football for a few more years then getting into some broadcasting stuff. He did some during his time off after the bowl game this year, really bright kid.

Dalton has a big future, and Ponder right know is one big questionmark. I've seen him go anywhere from 2nd to 5th. It all depends on how healthy his arm his.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
More notes.

Noel Devine- RB - West Virginia: Measured in a 5-7, 160lbs... Twenty pounds less than his listed weight. I knew Devine would come up small, but that's TINY by NFL standards. I still think he gets a chance in the NFL as a return man, though.

DeMarcus Van Dyke- CB - Miami(FL):
Measured in a 6-0 3/4, 168lbs... I noticed he was frail looking at the East West Shrine game, but I didn't think he would weigh in THAT small. That's tiny for an NFL cornerback.

Quinton Carter - S - Oklahoma: Weighed in bigger than expected at 211 pounds and built like a linebacker.

Colin Kaepernick- QB - Nevada:
Kaepernick was listed coming in at 6-6, but measured in at only 6-4 1/2. It's not a big issue as 6-4 is plenty tall, but it makes you wonder about his weight even more, as he's been described by many as a "toothpick" despite being 225lbs.

Greg Jones - LB - Michigan State: The Spartan linebacker measured in at just 5-11 and 240lbs, but was listed at 6-1 at MSU. He's shorter than expected, but he's still a stout backer.

Jeremy Beal- DE/LB - Oklahoma: Beal weighed in at 268 pounds, which is much bigger than I expected. Many see him as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

Mark Herzlich- LB - Boston College: Herzlich measured in at 6-3 and 250lbs, which is heavier than I expected. Very very good size on him as a linebacker in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme.

Ryan Kerrigan- LB/DE - Purdue: Kerrigan, who spoke with the Jaguars yesterday came in at 6-3 255lbs, which is about where I expected. He'll need to add some bulk to be an every down end or possibly transition to outside linebacker.

Greg McElroy- QB - Alabama:
McElroy measured in just under 6-2 which was shocking to me. I thought for sure he was about 6-4, will be interesting to see how his height effects his throwing lanes.

Brooks Reed - DE/LB - Arizona: Reed measured in at 6-2 and 257lbs, furthering the belief he'll likely move to outside linebacker for the NFL.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kind of hard to believe Devine is so light. He's strong as fuck.

DVD is 168, and plays like it without a doubt...dude is as soft as they come.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Kind of hard to believe Devine is so light. He's strong as fuck.

DVD is 168, and plays like it without a doubt...dude is as soft as they come.
I actually laughed to myself whenever I heard a Hurricane fan on the Pete Prisco show say that DVD is better than Brandon Harris.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hankerson measured 6'1 5/8

I thought he was closer to 6'3 than that.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rodney Hudson is also pretty small for a guard. About 6'2 290.

He'll probably translate better as a center at the next level.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Rodney Hudson is also pretty small for a guard. About 6'2 290.

He'll probably translate better as a center at the next level.
That's exactly what I said to myself when I saw that. The question now is, how does he play in a phonebooth.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really wish I had NFL network.

The South will win. I think McELroy is a fine QB, he wasn't flashy or anything, but he did what his team needed him to do countless times.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I really wish I had NFL network.

The South will win. I think McELroy is a fine QB, he wasn't flashy or anything, but he did what his team needed him to do countless times.
Look up John Parker-Wilson.. there. You see the future for McElroy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%