MLB Award Schedule

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
so stupid how they have platinum and gold gloves. just do gold gloves.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
so stupid how they have platinum and gold gloves. just do gold gloves.
I think it's stupid how they do gold gloves.  They always pick offensively-minded defensive players to win the gold glove.  The mediocre offensively-minded yet extraordinary defense player has little chance of getting the award over the less defensive yet able-minded offensive player.  

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I agree that it needs an overhaul, but still gotta recognize the defensive players. It's gotten better. A lot of voters are turning to the analytics like UZR and DRS among others

catman

Reaction score
One of the worst selections I've ever seen was Rafael Palmiero when he played less than 90 games in the field for the Rangers.  He was their primary DH that season but didn't make any errors in his time at 1B.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah that was bad, but if you at last year's winners all were among the best in their position.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The platinum glove is just the best overall fielder in both leagues right .ptt81? I don't mind awarding that.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
The platinum glove is just the best overall fielder in both leagues right .ptt81? I don't mind awarding that.

yeah, but I find it silly how Wilson does the platinum and Rawlings does the gold glove. Just seems repetitive.

Plus iirc, there were platinum winners that didn't get a gold glove, which was weird af imo

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Is that so? I don't remember that. That'd be stupid haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%