Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Mexi said:
go get schwarber

with what? 
Benintendi? Fuck that.
Moncada? Fuck that.
Groome? Fuck that, we need at least one stud pitching prospect.
Only guy I could see is Devers.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But schwarber is papi 2.0
The man just flat out gets hits

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
yeah but what did we give up for him? CHC will just want one of the big names

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
yeah but what did we give up for him? CHC will just want one of the big names
They will want more than just 1

I don't think you need to worry about Moncada, the Cubs infield looks pretty well set for the foreseeable future 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Never realized how fast the turn around was into the offseason. I'm used to have already been talking about it for weeks. Hopefully the Cubs bring back Wood and Chpaman. Chapman is really the only notable free agent they have, although Fowler will become one when he declines his mutual option. Don't expect him back, OF would be way too crowded. 

Jason Hammel is the interesting piece, Cubs have a $12 M option on him. He is a nice guy to have as a #5 and he would have value on the trade market. Montgomery is more than capable of becoming the #5 starter but at the same time he was our 2nd best RP during the playoffs.

Cubs biggest need is definitely the bullpen. Need to add an additional arm or two in addition to bringing back Chapman.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
They will want more than just 1

I don't think you need to worry about Moncada, the Cubs infield looks pretty well set for the foreseeable future 

so who would they want?

I don't move Benintendi for Schwarber.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joe Buck and John Smoltz called him the Babe Ruth of the Cubs lineup, so you might have to deal Fenway Park for him.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:

so who would they want?

I don't move Benintendi for Schwarber.
I think any trade the Cubs would make for Schwarber would have to require a cost controlled top of the rotation SP

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
yeah boston doesn't have one of those.

haven't had one since lester. look who has him now lol

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
They had the youngest lineup in World Series history... and won

The lineup is alright. The rotation on the other hand is quite a bit older. Especially with Arrieta likely to leave next year, some young pitching is needed.
I think the Cubs go hard after Archer or Gray this offseason.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
i don't buy arrieta sustaining success at all into the future tbh. like i wouldn't lock him up to a strasburg contract at all.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Mets exercised their options on Jay Bruce and Jose Reyes

For some reason I have a feeling Jay Bruce is going to be Jason Bay 2.0, I mean they have the same initials. Its inevitable.....

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Never realized how fast the turn around was into the offseason. I'm used to have already been talking about it for weeks. Hopefully the Cubs bring back Wood and Chpaman. Chapman is really the only notable free agent they have, although Fowler will become one when he declines his mutual option. Don't expect him back, OF would be way too crowded. 

Jason Hammel is the interesting piece, Cubs have a $12 M option on him. He is a nice guy to have as a #5 and he would have value on the trade market. Montgomery is more than capable of becoming the #5 starter but at the same time he was our 2nd best RP during the playoffs.

Cubs biggest need is definitely the bullpen. Need to add an additional arm or two in addition to bringing back Chapman.
i doubt chapman returns

As of now i see
schwarber, heyward, zobrist as the OF. Almora is 4th
We'll see what they get for Soler

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Mets exercised their options on Jay Bruce and Jose Reyes

For some reason I have a feeling Jay Bruce is going to be Jason Bay 2.0, I mean they have the same initials. Its inevitable.....
I think he'll be OK and get traded before the deadline. He's definitely not comfortable being in NY.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Mexi said:
i doubt chapman returns

As of now i see
schwarber, heyward, zobrist as the OF. Almora is 4th
We'll see what they get for Soler
I agree with the OF. Guys will be constantly cycling through different positions. Zobrist in the corner spots and 2nd, Schwarber at C/LF, Baez at 2/SS/3, Bryant in LF. The team is very flexible from a position standpoint. Rizzo is the only starter that is truly only a 1 position guy.

I can see Chapman leaving if the Cubs work something out with Jansen, but the pen would be in rough shape if Chapman walks and Montgomery becomes a SP.

I think Soler would be a nice piece to ship to a team like the Rays or A's. Physical freak who is locked up on a very friendly deal for a few years. Could get some production on the cheap end and then trade when he is entering his prime. Low risk/very high reward.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
mexi was the only person in america that thought britton would get the cy

kluber was the best pitcher, porcello will get the cy

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Betts, trout and altuve are the al finalists for mvp

Notably left off nl cy young finalist is fernandez. Also fail to see how Hendricks got it over Syndergaard

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rick Fucking Porcello

I'm never gonna get over him turning into one of the best pitchers in the league all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%