Mets sign Todd Frazier

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2 years, $17M. No kickers and he does not have an NTC.

The damn thumbs down guy is only going to be more in our face this season.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Super cheap deal for Frazier. Brutal market for players this winter

catman

Reaction score
Frazier is a decent fielder that hits homers.  He won't hit .250 and will ground into a lot of DPs.  He is a winner in the clubhouse, though.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm fine with it because it's cheap. Low risk.

Our lineup is still dreadful though.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Given his WAR yes
I'm not denying it was a good deal, I like it. But he was implying that Frazier was underpaid. I don't think he is.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I'm not denying it was a good deal, I like it. But he was implying that Frazier was underpaid. I don't think he is.
Again based on WAR he definitely is.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
His career ended 2 years ago.

At least that's what I've told myself. Dude needs to call it quits.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Frazier was seeing projections of 3-5 years and upwards of $45M.  This is an extremely cheap deal for the Mets and one that allows them to move him at the deadline this year or next.  Frazier didn't want to leave NY and the Yankees were holding out for a low-end, 1-year deal.  

I think the Mets might be better than expected next season.  Not saying they win the division but a healthy rotation, they could get something going.  A lot of their offense will rely on Cespedes and Bruce to slug.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:
Frazier was seeing projections of 3-5 years and upwards of $45M.  This is an extremely cheap deal for the Mets and one that allows them to move him at the deadline this year or next.  Frazier didn't want to leave NY and the Yankees were holding out for a low-end, 1-year deal.  

I think the Mets might be better than expected next season.  Not saying they win the division but a healthy rotation, they could get something going.  A lot of their offense will rely on Cespedes and Bruce to slug.
I like our bullpen. Rotation needs to step up and stay healthy (Looking at you Harvey, Matz and Wheeler). Lineup really hinges on if Rosario and Smith pull it together.

I still wish we would address 2b and get somebody like Harrison. I'm not a fan of Asdrubal.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I like our bullpen. Rotation needs to step up and stay healthy (Looking at you Harvey, Matz and Wheeler). Lineup really hinges on if Rosario and Smith pull it together.
I still wish we would address 2b and get somebody like Harrison. I'm not a fan of Asdrubal.
Big Dom is apparently 30 pounds lighter and motivated. The Mets could definitely use a 2B. I’ll give them credit tho, they’ve made some moves w/o spending an enormous amount of money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%