UFC 121: Lesnar vs Velasquez

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Possibly not, but he will get a shot at it. And he will beat a lot of guys on the way.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nah, hes like fourth in line now. he wont get a shot for maybe another year.

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
I'm one of these guys who's followed the UFC since the no-gloves era & I hated the idea of "The Next Big Thing" as our heavyweight champion. I will say that with each win, Brock legitimized himself more and more, and he did grow in me...a lot. How could you not love the lumberjack beard too? But, Cain is no joke, he's a disgusting athlete and I've felt since his complete domination of Big Nog that he is the top heavyweight fighter in the World right now. Anyone that wants to argue Fedor is still king of all HW's can suck a fat one while watching what Werdum did to the ever-fading career of the Russian Sambo master. Couldn't be happeir for Cane but I'm also lead to believe that this loss will completely change Lesnar's career for the better & force him to become more well rounded. Brock needs to stop swinging for the fences straight out of the gate and actually play the game. Brock is like the New York Yankees in that you hate him but have to respect him...although neither can manufacture wins. In both cases, it's either homerun or loss. Great in blowouts, nothing special in tight competitions.

Should Brock fight his way back up the ladder and actually earn himself that title shot, I would be more than happy to accept him as a Champion.

Shaka

Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed in how Lesnar looked this weekend. All of the hype before the fight really didn't do him justice. I talked with a few journalists who cover the MMA who thought he was in the best shape of his life and SPike TV's "Primetime" acted like he was Jesus(Beard and all).

When it came to... He looked like he didn't know what he was up against. I think he severely underestimated Cain and payed for it dearly. I think Cain was surprised that it came so easily. He just swayed and picked a part the champion like it was nothing and then closed shop early.

Maybe... The layoff after his illness has hurt Lesnar. I'm not sure how but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

JDS will more than likely beat Cain in his first defense and I don't know who can beat him. He's a beast.

Aren't they all.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Watching Lesnar getting owned was almost as painful as when I broke my wrist.

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe... The layoff after his illness has hurt Lesnar. I'm not sure how but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

JDS will more than likely beat Cain in his first defense and I don't know who can beat him. He's a beast.
"JDS will more than likely beat Cain"....!?! You sure about that?

Lesnar had already faught and won a bout following his illness layoff. That's no excuse. Brock is now facing guys who he just can't pummel to death and his one-dimensional game is being exposed. Carwin exposed it first and the new Champ took advantage of it. At the end of the day, Cain is the better fighter, period.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Lesnar had already faught and won a bout following his illness layoff. That's no excuse. Brock is now facing guys who he just can't pummel to death and his one-dimensional game is being exposed. Carwin exposed it first and the new Champ took advantage of it. At the end of the day, Cain is the better fighter, period.
i really like this dude. haha

Shaka

Reaction score

Are you asking about JDS or are you still talking about Lesnar?

I agree that Cain is a better fighter. That's my opinion. I also know that in the UFC anything can happen and sometimes you see the best someone has to offer and the worst someone has to offer. I'm simply giving the benefit of the doubt to one of the greatest Heavyweight champions in UFC history(Statistically lol)

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
Are you asking about JDS or are you still talking about Lesnar?

I agree that Cain is a better fighter. That's my opinion. I also know that in the UFC anything can happen and sometimes you see the best someone has to offer and the worst someone has to offer. I'm simply giving the benefit of the doubt to one of the greatest Heavyweight champions in UFC history(Statistically lol)
The post I'm referring to is the post where you said: "JDS will more than likely beat Cain in his first defense and I don't know who can beat him. He's a beast." Based on you're reaction, I'm beginning to think you got that backwards via typo. I certainly hope so. I won't deny JDS has some serious skills. Cain said dos Santos may be the best striker in the UFC and he's got great takedown defense. However, Cain is probably the best offensive and defensive boxer in the heavyweight division and Brock's takedown defense is way better than JDS'.

Anything can happen in a fight, yes, but everything is in Cain's favor for his first title defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%