MMA Fighter Murders Friend

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
26-year old MMA fighter, Jarrod Wyatt, ripped his 21-year old friend's still beating heart from his chest as well as his eye after ingesting a hefty dose of what appears to be mushroom tea. Apparently the blood was so immense, that the entire house was made into a crime scene.

The man, Justin Davis, had been there earlier in the day and saw Wyatt (the killer) acting strangely after drinking “some kind of mushroom tea,” according to the statement. Davis left for Crescent City, but returned later to pick up his dog. Davis arrived to find Wyatt standing in the living room naked and covered with blood, according to the statement. Wyatt told Davis, according to the statement, that he was going to cut out Powell's heart. Davis went to a nearby pay phone to call law enforcement.

A deputy arrived at the residence and reportedly saw Wyatt on the couch with Powell's body, which was covered in blood and had most of its face removed. A large incision in the chest could be seen, and other unspecified body parts had been removed. An eyeball was resting in the middle of the room, according to the statement.

Wyatt allegedly told the deputy that he'd cut Powell's heart out and thrown it into the fire.

Powell's death certificate reads that he died from having his heart removed while he was still alive, causing him to bleed to death. It also lists as significant blunt force trauma to the head and neck, and compression of the neck.

What appeared to be wild mushrooms were in the kitchen, the deputy reported. The deputy also discovered a marijuana garden in the house when he went to search for additional victims, the statement reads.
wow

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Holy <Censored>. Don't do drugs kiddies.

What a <Censored>ing moron.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Holy <Censored>ing <Censored>! That is insaneeeeeeee. Removing your friends heart while he is still alive? Just sick.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Holy <Censored>. I hope this dude gets the death sentence for real. And yeah kids dont do drugs because this is what can happen.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
Roid rage much?

Jesus that's ###### up.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Holy <Censored>. I hope this dude gets the death sentence for real. And yeah kids dont do drugs because this is what can happen.
I hope he does too, but I read up on this and I think his lawyer is trying to plead insanity or some <Censored>.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Marijuana isnt a gateway to other drugs everyone....

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This reminds me of the movie "Shrooms". Bet deathcap mushrooms were used. They make you go crazy and can kill you.

Its actually possible that he didn't know what he was doing...not in a figurative sense, like actually didn't know what he was doing.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
This is the article I read about it. Quite disturbing:

A California judge upheld charges of murder against a mixed martial arts fighter on Friday after the man allegedly cut the victim's heart out of his chest.

Mixed martial arts fighter Jarrod Wyatt, 26, was reportedly under the influence of psychedelic drugs when witnesses said he and his sparring partner, Taylor Powell, became preoccupied with the notion that the end of the world was near and that there would be a final struggle between God and the devil, the Times-Standard reports.

Del Norte County Police Sgt. Elwood Lee, who responded to the incident early March 21, said that Wyatt told him at the scene that he saw the devil in Powell's face and that "'Satan was in that dude.'" He allegedly cut an 18-inch hole in Powell's chest, removed his heart, cut his tongue off and removed a majority of Powell's face.

Lee also said that Wyatt admitted he had cooked the body parts in a wood stove at the Klamath residence because he thought that Powell was still alive and that he needed to "stop the devil."

"At one point," Lee said in court, "[Wyatt] asked if we were God, or if we were God coming to save him."

Detective Ed Fleshman, who testified that he spoke with Wyatt in a holding cell later that morning, said that Wyatt told him that he, Powell and two other friends had drunk hallucinogenic mushroom tea prior to the incident.

When one friend, Justin Davis, tried to leave the scene, Wyatt reportedly tried to stop him, saying that a tidal wave was coming. Davis left to go to nearby Crescent City but returned later to get his dog, when he saw a struggle ensuing in the living room and proceeded to call 911.

Wyatt's ex-girlfriend, Billy Jo Bailey, was also at the scene and said that she noticed a change in Powell's behavior after drinking the tea. Powell reportedly told Wyatt "You wanna f---ing die" three times before the two started to fight.

In addition to counts of aggravated mayhem and torture, Wyatt faces a first-degree murder charge in the incident. Whether the murder charge will stand, however, depends on premeditation -- whether Wyatt acted with "malice aforethought."

James Fallman, Wyatt's defense attorney, argued that Wyatt was having a psychotic break and therefore had no control over his actions.

"My client was trying to silence the devil," Fallman said.

However, prosecutors argue that the act of removing Powell's heart, tongue and face took enough time to prove evidence of intent.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/05/31/2010-05-31_mma_fighter_jarrod_wyatt_allegedly_ripped_out_training_partner_taylor_powells_he.html#ixzz0pcYEu8cN

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish they would tell us what kind of mushrooms they were. They have to be deathcaps or some genus originating from Europe, mainly western Europe. The psychoactive effects of those shrooms are insane.

Goes to show you that the simple "thrill" we're seeking can have fatal outcomes...

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Haha I highly doubt they will say exactly what kind they were. They don't want kids knowing what caused this and going out and trying this <Censored>.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man this is just ###### up.... Its one of those things where you wonder what it looked like at the crime scene, idk why.....

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah, even though it would be sick as <Censored>. I would want to see that crime scene ha. I guess the whole house was a crime scene because there was blood all over it.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha I highly doubt they will say exactly what kind they were. They don't want kids knowing what caused this and going out and trying this <Censored>.
I didn't even think of it that way

That kind of stuff is nothing to <Censored> with though. I wonder what's gonna happen to him...

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
He will probably be going away for quite a bit of time.

In addition to counts of aggravated mayhem and torture, Wyatt faces a first-degree murder charge in the incident. Whether the murder charge will stand, however, depends on premeditation -- whether Wyatt acted with "malice aforethought."

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, even though it would be sick as <Censored>. I would want to see that crime scene ha. I guess the whole house was a crime scene because there was blood all over it.
Its the curiosity factor. If we all had a chance to, we would just to see what it looked like

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah. That would be one gruesome ass crime scene. The guy had a foot and a half incision down his chest plus half his face cut off along with other parts of his body.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%