Official 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The deadline is only a month and a bit away. Post all rumours here and discuss about them.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Kaberle for Wheeler?

Talk — and it’s just talk — has Kaberle for Blake Wheeler floating around the rumour mills. Kaberle becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer while Blake, who is earning $2.2 million this season, becomes a restricted free agent next season.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/jeansebastiengiguere/article/922748--giguere-leaves-door-open-for-trade-talks

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Also Giguere willing to waive NTC???

Mark Zwolinksi reports JS Giguere will consider waiving his no-trade -- http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...or-trade-talks

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kaberle for Wheeler?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/jeansebastiengiguere/article/922748--giguere-leaves-door-open-for-trade-talks
Ugh, here it comes. I'm sorry but I don't want Kaberle AND we'd have to make another move to stay under the salary cap. Plus, I don't want to trade Wheeler to the Leafs lol

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah enough with the Bruins, Burke.

But Kaberle needs to go, he does not fit in with this roster anymore.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joe Haggerty

Can definitely confirm there have been conversations between the #Islanders and #Bruins, but can't say which player specifically
If Streit wasn't injured I'd hope it was him

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimmy Murphy

Lots of chatter today that Bruins pushing hard to acquire Matt Moulson from Isles.
YES. Big fan of Moulson's game.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Benn being used as trade bait???

Brad Richards is expected to stay in Dallas this season and various reports suggest he'll sign a new contract with the Stars before the free agent market opens this summer.
According to the Edmonton Journal, Richards will likely stay, but should the two sides be unable to reach a new contract, the only other team he would join is the New York Rangers so he can rejoin his former coach John Tortorella.

For now, though, Richards is staying in Dallas and will help the Stars keep home ice advantage entering the playoffs.
Meanwhile, the paper also claims the Stars could be dangling forward Jamie Benn as trade bait.

Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk is supposedly looking for an offensive-minded defenseman and could use Benn as a centerpiece to a trade.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/dal110116.html

Trading Benn would take a hit on their future.....

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I heard some ridiculous rumour that Shea Weber could be on his way out of Nashville???

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
“I haven’t waived my no trade, I haven’t talked to Burke at all about it, but I’ve said, if Burke was to come see me, I would owe him the respect to think about it and talk to my family about it,” said Giguere.
http://www.thehockeyherald.com/?p=3576

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
According to Pierre LeBrun, we are interested in Mike Ribiero. Fuck that.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, please don't..then I really won't have have any reason to like the Leafs

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Lmao, I bet you hate Komisarek and Grabovski. Ribiero would just be adding to the fire. (I hate Ribiero)

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
eh, Grab only played like 30 games with them...don't remember him doing anything to piss me off lol

Absolutely cannot stand Komisarek or Ribeiro though.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Senators are casting about to see what they can get for Mike Fisher.

But with the 30-year-old armed with a no-movement clause and two years left on his contract carrying a cap hit of $4.2 million, two league executives seriously doubt he’ll be going anywhere anytime soon.

“I know teams have called and I’m sure they’re just trying to shake things up a bit in Ottawa,” said a league executive. “But I don’t see it. He’s having a bad year. He’s not the only one on that team.”

Fisher has 13 goals and eight assists through 49 games. At this rate, he’s not going to come close to the 25 goals and 28 assists he recorded last season.

Still, teams around the league are attracted to his hard-nosed style.

While Fisher is part of the problem in Ottawa, both executives noted he can be a bigger part of the club’s solution if he gets back to contributing the way he’s capable.

The executives also noted GM Bryan Murray has to listen to every offer he gets.

“I just don’t think they can get enough for him to warrant that kind of move,” said another executive. “That’s a drastic move and they’ve got to play (well) next year. They need to have some players.”

So, what would be enough to move the veteran Senator?

“You’d have to get two pretty good young players — and I mean prospects — and a top draft pick,” the executive said.

At this point, all options are on the table for Murray and the floundering Senators.

OFF THE GLASS

Los Angeles GM Dean Lombardi is busy trying to get his team back in a playoff position before the Feb. 28 trade deadline. If the Kings don’t make the post-season, fingers will be pointed at Lombardi — who’s been desperately calling around the NHL trying to get scoring. Sources say Lombardi even called Rangers GM Glen Sather to see if he would move RW Marian Gaborik, who had 15 goals and 14 assists in 35 games heading into Saturday’s action. It’s doubtful New York — which is also fighting to stay in the playoff race — would deal one of its few offensive weapons unless Sather receives a tremendous offer from Lombardi. The Kings GM is not in a position to make that kind of move, but could give up prospect C Brayden Schenn to land immediate help ... The Habs and GM Pierre Gauthier work quietly, but we’re happy to report they are trying to add a scoring forward. No, they won’t bring back Alex Kovalev, whose miserable two seasons in Ottawa are coming to an end. Instead, the Habs might look at Flyers RW Nikolai Zherdev (17 points in 41 games this season). Gauthier seems to think he’s smarter than everybody else and likes reclamation projects.

THIS ’N’ THAT

Sharks GM Doug Wilson isn’t done making moves after adding two forwards — C Kyle Wellwood off waivers and LW Ben Eager from the Thrashers — last week. Wilson has been looking for a blueliner all season. The speculation is he might use one of his forwards to fill that need. You have to wonder if RW Devin Setoguchi will be used as bargaining chip. He is affordable with a $3.625-million cap hit for two more seasons ... Back in Norris Trophy form: Boston D Zdeno Chara. He had his first career hat trick last Monday against the Hurricanes and is a physical force. He will be interesting to watch in the playoffs ... Since the Senators’ top need next season is a goalie, they should make a pitch for Vancouver G Cory Schneider. The strong belief is that at some point, he’s going to be put on the market because the Canucks won’t be able to keep him happy backing up Roberto Luongo.

RUMOURS DU JOUR

Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke is trying to wheel and deal. League sources say he’d like to exchange veteran blueliners for younger players before the deadline. The belief is the Leafs would like to move Francois Beauchemin or Mike Komisarek. Both have time left on their deals and will be difficult to move. Beauchemin ($3.8-million cap hit) has another year left on his contract, while Komisarek ($4.5-million hit) is signed through 2013-14. While Burke has insisted he won’t ask Tomas Kaberle to waive his no-movement clause, he’s going to be the most attractive option for contenders who want blueline help. Kaberle is in the final year of his $4.25-million deal. The Sharks, Bruins, Predators and Avs are looking to shore up their defence ... The Panthers are ready to clean house. GM Dale Tallon wants to follow the model he used to make Chicago a Stanley Cup champion — beginning with clearing out veterans. G Tomas Vokoun, LW Cory Stillman, and RWs Radek Dvorak and Rostislav Olesz are all being shopped Keep an eye on C Stephen Weiss, an attractive option with a $3.1-million hit and two years left on his contract. Sources say the club’s top scorer is available and attracting plenty of interest ... The Flyers could decide to bring in another goalie as insurance behind Sergei Bobrovsky and Brian Boucher. Don’t expect a repeat performance from last season’s playoff hero, Michael Leighton. After clearing waivers, he will remain in the AHL. If the Panthers decide to move Vokoun, Philly could be interested. It’s highly doubtful Vokoun’s going to re-sign with Florida ... Observers are waiting for Flames GM Jay Feaster to make a move. It’s been almost a month since he took over after Darryl Sutter resigned, promised changes and hasn’t done a thing as near as we can tell. Feaster did win a Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2004, folks, before the salary cap was implemented. Just sayin’.

Have a nice Sunday.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
According to Pierre LeBrun, we are interested in Mike Ribiero. Fuck that.
although he's not ur typical Burke player, he'd be a good add for the Leafs imo

idk how much he's getting paid though, so it could be a bad idea if he's gettin too much

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Erik Johnson on his way out? Zach won't like this

http://twitter.com/#!/thebig550

thebig550 Sports director John Hadley is reporting the #stlblues have had exploratory talks in trading defenseman Erik Johnson. #NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%