Official Minor League Hockey Thread

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Come here to discuss any the leagues not involving the NHL. Most likely will come here to discuss prospects but good to check up on who is doing good overseas or up north.

Anyways come here to talk about anyone from the AHL/OHL - two best IMO, or other ones like the CHL, ECHL, WHL, etc.

Although this will probably turn into a thread involving me and playmaker just discussing players with occasional pop-ins from Cejis.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably

WBS Pens are in 3rd place in the division. Tomorrow night rivalry game between them and the Binghampton Senators. Hopefully the Pens can get the best of the Sens. The Baby Pens have been on a roll recently.

And I didn't expect Nathan Smith to be tied with Tim Brent for the team leader in points with 24.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I go to Idaho Steelheads games all the time! They are in the ECHL

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They won the Kelley Cup in 2004 and 2007. Which is the Championship. I know there stars last year were Greg Rallo, Darrel Hay, Julien Ellis.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They won the Kelley Cup in 2004 and 2007. Which is the Championship. I know there stars last year were Greg Rallo, Darrel Hay, Julien Ellis.
CAn't really say I know who they are. Haven't really seen or heard anything from the ECHL cept for the Wheeling Nailers w00t!

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I think its AA. I may be wrong.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I think its like baseball. I could be wrong...

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah they are, but I was thinkin like level of minor league. Like baseball has A, AA, AAA, MaJORS.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah they are, but I was thinkin like level of minor league. Like baseball has A, AA, AAA, MaJORS.
Yea its still minor league nonetheless. Its like the level below the AHL.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, and AHL is below NHL right?

newsteenfan

Reaction score
Not sure how many Canadians are here, but..

I went to an OHL game on Friday, Oshawa Generals vs my Kingston Frontenacs. Got to see Tavares, the great phenom live and let me tell ya, he's garbage.

Coyotes prospect Brett MacLean was great, scoring two goals and Leafs prospect Dale Mitchell is a tiny (5'9) but bulky (205) spitfire that has noticeable speed. Tavares is just - blah. He coasts around the ice as his teammates do all the work (offensively and defensively), hangs out at his own blueline waiting for the pass because as was evident on a 2 on 1 he had with MacLean, he has trouble keeping up. MacLean seriously made him look like Jason Allison had been demoted back to OHL hockey. I was quite disappointed seeing how well he did at the WJC and he goes back to the OHL and stinks up the joint. At this point, if I had the #1 heading into the draft next year I'd be calling out Hedman's name. For those that don't know, Hedman is a 6'6" defenseman from Sweden that plays physical, has great skill and skates like he's 5'10".

Michal Nuevirth, Caps G prospect was amazing. Unreal. Spectacular. Frontenacs outshot them 59-38 and only scored 4 goals (they won in the shootout 5-4). He's quite the find, Varlamov better get his act in order or he'll never be in their plans.

It was a great game, but I've decided I'm not a Tavares fan - at all. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's Alex Daigle V2.

.loggie

Reaction score
did anyone hear that stamkos scored 4 goals the other night?

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
has anybody heard of Cody Hodgson, currently the lead goal scorer for the Brampton Battalion

well anyways my dad taught him in his phys.ed. class and they've been talking with each other lately, and my dad has a feeling this guy might go as high as 12th overall

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Never heard of him. Nice to see that you have some connection to him though. I'll look him up though. Nearing draft time anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%