Who are the top 10 RB's you would want in 2016?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who are the top 10 RB's you would want leading your team this season? This isn't a generic "who is the best" question, try to take into account everything from age, injury history, current injuries, suspensions, etc.

For example, we all know how great Tom Brady is, but does his 4 game suspension push him down your list? You may have him at #2, but you are assuming the #3 guy will stay healthy and play 16 games, do you move him up ahead of Brady because he will be there 16 games, presumably?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
In regards to the second part -- the NFL season is all about the postseason, and Brady is the best still. He's #1 even with the suspension. I get the premise of what you're saying, but Brady is the exception

In no order of the RBs:

Leveon, Gurley, AP, David Johnson, Charles, Freeman, Zeke, Muscle Hampster, JStew, Ingram

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
For example, we all know how great Tom Brady is, but does his 4 game suspension push him down your list? You may have him at #2, but you are assuming the #3 guy will stay healthy and play 16 games, do you move him up ahead of Brady because he will be there 16 games, presumably?
In fantasy, yes. But not in real life

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
In regards to the second part -- the NFL season is all about the postseason, and Brady is the best still. He's #1 even with the suspension. I get the premise of what you're saying, but Brady is the exception

Aaron Rodgers is quite a bit better at this point

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:

Aaron Rodgers is quite a bit better at this point
lol and what's your evidence to contrast with? Give me Brady over Rodgers any day

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
lol and what's your evidence to contrast with? Give me Brady over Rodgers any day
The fact that I've watched them play the past few years. Cam is as well. Brady isn't even the best/most important player on his offense

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I would take Brady over Rodgers as well but the gap isn't anywhere near as big as you're making it and it probably comes down to personal preference.

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
BNC said:
The fact that I've watched them play the past few years. Cam is as well. Brady isn't even the best/most important player on his offense
I know we're supposed to be talking about RB's in this thread but my personal top 3 qb's would go Cam/Brady/Rodgers

BNC

Reaction score
HitmanCapone said:
I know we're supposed to be talking about RB's in this thread but my personal top 3 qb's would go Cam/Brady/Rodgers
Brady can't complete a pass past 15 yards any more and hasn't been able to for the past few years. Why is he ahead of Rodgers?

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
My top 10 RB's

1 - AP
2 - Gurley
3 - L.Bell
4 - Charles
5 - D. Johnson
6 - L. Miller
7 - Zeke
8 - Ingram
9 - J.Stewart
10 - Rawls

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:
lmfao dude give me a fucking break. bet you're one of those guys who thinks Brady's a "system QB too"

He's clearly the most important player on the team and it's not even close. And I seriously doubt you've watched Brady in anything more than just highlights if you think that.

Again, tell me any proof other than "I watched his ESPN highlights" that tells me Rodgers is better. Because by every passing metric last year Brady was better than Rodgers. Passer rating, QBR, INT%, TD/INT ratio, etc the list goes on

Yeah Gronk is amazing but that doesn't mean he's more important than Tom Fucking Brady. Did you even watch the AFCCG?

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
BNC said:
Brady can't complete a pass past 15 yards any more and hasn't been able to for the past few years. Why is he ahead of Rodgers?
We're going to disagree with your analysis on Brady and I don't really feel like getting into a back and forth about why you don't think he's good.  This is my list I feel very differently and besides all that Rodgers is lucky he's in my top 3 with my hatred of the Packers.  

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:
also just not true at all. He doesn't have the personnel to throw it deep (try throwing 50 yard bombs to small white slot receivers, it's not gonna work). And yet he's the most accurate midrange QB in the league. If being a good deep QB means everything, then Stafford must be amazing. And Cam isn't a great deep ball QB either lol

BNC

Reaction score
HitmanCapone said:
We're going to disagree with your analysis on Brady and I don't really feel like getting into a back and forth about why you don't think he's good.  This is my list I feel very differently and besides all that Rodgers is lucky he's in my top 3 with my hatred of the Packers.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s611wnGniz0

How many other QB's in the league can make this pass? 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
HitmanCapone said:
I would take Brady over Rodgers as well but the gap isn't anywhere near as big as you're making it and it probably comes down to personal preference.
its not a big gap at all, but Rodgers' postseason track record vs Brady's is what gives Tom the edge. Rodgers has once in his career won more than one postseason game in an individual year (the year they won it all). Meanwhile Brady has led New England to six straight AFCCG appearances. Brady fucking wins, and puts up very similar numbers. That's why Tom's superior

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
lmfao dude give me a fucking break. bet you're one of those guys who thinks Brady's a "system QB too"

He's clearly the most important player on the team and it's not even close. And I seriously doubt you've watched Brady in anything more than just highlights if you think that.

Again, tell me any proof other than "I watched his ESPN highlights" that tells me Rodgers is better. Because by every passing metric last year Brady was better than Rodgers. Passer rating, QBR, INT%, TD/INT ratio, etc the list goes on

Yeah Gronk is amazing but that doesn't mean he's more important than Tom Fucking Brady. Did you even watch the AFCCG?

Rodgers was without his #1 WR all of last season. 

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Yea it's not like Jordy Nelson tore his ACL and Rodgers was throwing to James Jones and Davante Adams all year while Brady was throwing to Gronk.

Gronk is by far the most important player on that team, the last time he was limited in 2014 Brady looked like absolute trash, remember that Chiefs game on MNF? 

Yea it certainly helps that Brady has Belichek, probably the greatest coach ever.

4 of the last 5 years Rodgers had a better passer rating than Brady, but yea let's use the one where his best WR tore his ACL as the only one to compare the two

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%