Halladay says he's gone from Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sorry Blue Jay fans:

Toronto Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay does not want to resign with Toronto after his contract expires after the 2010 season, according to reports.

Team president and CEO Paul Beeston told the New York Post that Halladay does not want to sign an extension and will become a free agent next offseason.

"We would like to sign him, he is an original Blue Jay and we have never had a pitcher as good as him," Breeston told the Post. "But he is not inclined to sign with us.

Former Blue Jays general manager J.P Ricciardi publicly made Halladay available before the trade deadline, but did not receive a proposal attractive enough to sway Toronto to part with the six-time All-Star and 2003 AL Cy Young Award winner.

Ricciardi was fired in October.

Halladay had a 17-10 record in 32 starts with a 2.79 ERA this season.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should have traded him at the deadline.. Now they will get even less then they were offered before because teams know the Jays have to trade him.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This lessens up the asking price, very nice. C'mon Colletti, shock the world again. Grab Halladay for practically nothing.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Should have traded him at the deadline.. Now they will get even less then they were offered before because teams know the Jays have to trade him.
he should've said this before the deadline

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
he should've said this before the deadline
lol, I knew he was going to leave. If Im the Blue Jays I do NOT trade him within my division I dont give a crap what I get, that would be setting up either the Red Sox or Yankees to win another championship.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember him saying that he wasn't interested in re-signing with the Jays before the trade deadline.

joshhockey

Reaction score
Announcing this was kind of dumb on Beestons part. He shouldve tried to get a deal done before announcing this and decreasing his value even more.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People had their opinions on whether or not he'd come back, and suddenly;y the talks were getting silent... So although you think this may decrease his value, he's still the best pitcher in the MLB and this only gets his name out there again and reminds GMs to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%