Reaction score
Definitely will be doing Crown Jewel

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Speaking of Crown Jewel

WWE Issues Statement On John Cena & Daniel Bryan Refusing To Work Crown Jewel

WWE took a fair amount of criticism over the fact that they are going to Saudi Arabia after the government allegedly arranged the murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi — but they’re doing the event anyway.

But it seems like John Cena and Daniel Bryan’s status is an even bigger question mark. After all, there were reports that WWE Creative was told Cena wasn’t doing the show and we can only assume that Bryan — given his many moral convictions doesn’t want to go either.

We exclusively reported the reasons John Cena and Daniel Bryan gave for refusing to work the Crown Jewel event.

Now Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that their sources have confirmed that Daniel Bryan has refused to go to the event and WWE has issued a statement saying:

“As always, we maintain an open line of communication with our performers and will address each situation accordingly.”
Bryan Alvarez discussed this on Wrestling Observer Live where he discussed the idea of these two huge (and still advertised) Superstars saying that they’re not headed to Riyadh Saudi Arabia.

“Now, Monday and Tuesday the feeling was that the show was in great jeopardy of not taking place in Saudi Arabia. It’s possible that they said, “We’re not doing the show in Saudi Arabia” and the company said, ‘It’s probably not taking place in Saudi Arabia so let’s keep the matches’ and that’s what they did.”
“Now it seems they’re absolutely going to Saudi Arabia so on Monday and Tuesday we’ll find out if there’s anything from that story. It’s been days and WWE hasn’t said anything about that story. But on Monday and Tuesday if they shoot angles taking them off the show, then you’ll know why.”

Alvarez also said that if Cena and Bryan end up going to Saudi Arabia then there is nothing to the story. Then again, it could still be true but WWE was willing to pull a bigger money truck (that’s a truck full of money) up to their homes.
Only time will tell what happens next, but it seems like we’re in the middle of another wait and see kind of situation. But for sure — unless something else happens like Vince McMahon gets a call from President Trump telling him to cancel the Crown Jewel event or move it (which isn’t likely) we’ll still see Crown Jewel take place in Saudi Arabia.

Stupid

brett05

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this PPV.  My children are girls and they really enjoy the ladies performing.  This is something very special even to my kids.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
brett05 said:
I'm looking forward to this PPV.  My children are girls and they really enjoy the ladies performing.  This is something very special even to my kids.
i have two daughters too but since john cena and roman reigns aren't on this, they won't want to watch lol

brett05

Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
i have two daughters too but since john cena and roman reigns aren't on this, they won't want to watch lol
My girls are take it or leave it with both of them, however they were both sad to hear about Roman.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
brett05 said:
My girls are take it or leave it with both of them, however they were both sad to hear about Roman.
my oldest was so sad when aj beat cena. i was laughing in her face

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can go to Evolution for the low low price of 6 dollars lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:
I can go to Evolution for the low low price of 6 dollars lol
so youre going ool

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
come on man, you cant miss history!
It would cost me more by going than the price of the ticket lol.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Already starting off with production problems lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hows this shite going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%