2017 NBA Off-Season

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Btw you also said Hayward is better than Kyrie
I said it's not ridiculous to assume he isn't, and it's not. 

I'm not talking strictly about talent, I'm talking effectiveness as an NBA player

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
you didnt list it. and i dont think gelo is going pro this soon. he should stay his ass in school.
he should be at a cal northridge with reggie theus and not ucla honestly

That clip i posted was lol. Not nba potential at all.

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Except not all rookies turn out the same, and most aren't good players for a while, so you're gonna have a roster with a bunch of young guys making a ton of moneySmart managers are going to sign the good rookies or rookies to deals that reflect their performance
Right there you said it. That would be the main issue about all this. Most of them will be overpaid, busts will be on the bench and teams will have a bunch of money invested into them. Its fucked up. Thats why the rookie contracts are the best way to see what theyre really worth

I think the only problem you really have is guys like KAT AD etc getting little money so therefore the only solution they should make is just raise the salaries for the top 3 picks only, if thats your issue

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Right there you said it. That would be the main issue about all this. Most of them will be overpaid, busts will be on the bench and teams will have a bunch of money invested into them. Its fucked up. Thats why the rookie contracts are the best way to see what theyre really worth

I think the only problem you really have is guys like KAT AD etc getting little money so therefore the only solution they should make is just raise the salaries for the top 3 picks only, if thats your issue
Except the market will regulate itself, in a short period of time teams are going to know what a rookie should cost them, in that case some will be underpaid and some will be overpaid, kinda how the league is now. And this is exactly why smart management is going to be rewarded and bad management is going to crumble. The draft saves the managers from themselves.

I don't want this because the players are being underpaid. I want this because it rewards smart teams and it gives the players some freedom

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Except the market will regulate itself, in a short period of time teams are going to know what a rookie should cost them, in that case some will be underpaid and some will be overpaid, kinda how the league is now And this is exactly why smart management is going to be rewarded and bad management is going to crumble. The draft saves the managers from themselves.

I don't want this because the players are being underpaid. I want this because it rewards smart teams and it gives the players some freedom
How will they know that when they sign them right after the draft?? They wont be able to know if a rookie busts or not, if the rookie will be worth the money he gets or not. Thats the main issue you arent grasping. Basically throwing out blind money at them and hoping it works out.

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
How will they know that when they sign them right after the draft?? They wont be able to know if a rookie busts or not, if the rookie will be worth the money he gets or not. Thats the main issue you arent grasping. Basically throwing out blind money at them and hoping it works out.
Again I think you are showing that you don't understand the concept that SVG proposed. Or the concept of a free market and market correction. By that I mean look at the free agent deals last year and compare them to this year, that's a market correction

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
So your idea to reduce parity is to have bad management crumble. So rather than have the Pelicans draft Anthony Davis as the only redeemable piece to the franchise since Chris Paul, lets have them be in such a desperate scenario that they throw a ton of money at the #2 best prospect in the draft, MKG!! We got Charlotte, Washington, etc all desperately wanting a young centerpiece so to get the second best prospect, his AAV is like $12M/year. $60M over five years, fully guaranteed for Michael Kidd Gilchrist, great plan! Real shame Golden State just outbid New Orleans for Anthony Davis, since it looks like Davis was attracted to that young Curry kid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%