Pittsburgh Acquire James Neal from Dallas

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Dallas Stars have traded forward James Neal and defenceman Matt Niskanen to the Pittsburgh Penguins for defenceman Alex Goligoski.

Neal has 21 goals and 39 points in 59 games for the Stars this season. He was the third leading goal scorer on the Stars this year, trailing only Brenden Morrow and Brad Richards.

Niskanen has played in 45 games for Dallas this season, with no goals and six assists. He has a minus-1 rating.

The Penguins needed some offence since suffering a rash of injuries that include forwards Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.

Goligoski has nine goals and 31 points in 60 games with the Penguins this season.

This is now the sixth trade that has occurred since Feb. 18 that has involved one or more defencemen. There's just one deal - a swap of goaltenders Brian Elliott and Craig Anderson between the Senators and Avalanche - that has not involved a blueliner over that time.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354819

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I love this trade for Pittsburgh. Neal is a great, young power forward. They gave up much less than I thought they would.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Love the deal for pens too.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw they gave up Goligo and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But then I saw they got Niskanen in return and I'm like...hell yeah

Neal + Niskanen is gonna help so much

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Great Deal for the pens ! Dont see why Dallas did this move they dont even have a lot of depth

sarge

Livin' Young, Wild and Free
Reaction score
hell, ill take it. i think this will help us a lot until malkin and crosby are back (if they are back before playoffs)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%