College Football 2015-16 Discussion Thread

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
I dooooo

Oklahoma barely escaped yesterday. Patterson made a mistake by going for 2 IMO. Our offense wasn't going to do much in overtime and that costed him the game.

This week is big. Oklahoma should be in the playoffs over Iowa. Oklahoma has a better resume even despite a stupid loss to Texas. Clemson/Bama/ND/Oklahoma final 4.

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
Maryland is doing a good job at tanking. That Number one pick is going to be nice.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Proof Ohio State was getting too arrogant is in how Ezekiel and Cardale are handling the loss. Dropping dimes on coaches and proclaiming this to be their last season. What a shame. The potential for Iowa to rank in the top 4 is nauseating. Northwestern is their only win over a team still ranked, not that they've played very many ranked opponents as is.

My CFP rankings:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Baylor
5. Notre Dame
6. Ohio State

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
It pisses me off that Michigan State is getting so much credit for beating Ohio State. Ohio State has been overrated all season long, that win isn't all that impressive.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
Proof Ohio State was getting too arrogant is in how Ezekiel and Cardale are handling the loss. Dropping dimes on coaches and proclaiming this to be their last season. What a shame. The potential for Iowa to rank in the top 4 is nauseating. Northwestern is their only win over a team still ranked, not that they've played very many ranked opponents as is.

My CFP rankings:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Baylor
5. Notre Dame
6. Ohio State
I don't know if you can put Baylor anywhere close to the top 4 now that it looks like they will be playing without their top 2 quarterbacks. Yes I realize Ohio State won a National Championship with their 3rd stringer last year but Cardale Jones is quite a bit better than the WR Baylor is forced to start at QB now.

CJ26

Reaction score
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Michigan State
4. Iowa
5. Ohio State

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
AiRuPtHeRe[emoji769 said:
;6831]It pisses me off that Michigan State is getting so much credit for beating Ohio State. Ohio State has been overrated all season long, that win isn't all that impressive.
Lmaooooo

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
CJ26 said:
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Michigan State
4. Iowa
5. Ohio State
Iowa in your top 4 is a complete joke. Almost as funny as Alabama being nowhere in this top 5. Will the SEC still be "overrated" once the Tide trounces the playoff this year?

CJ26

Reaction score
Flint said:
Iowa in your top 4 is a complete joke. Almost as funny as Alabama being nowhere in this top 5. Will the SEC still be "overrated" once the Tide trounces the playoff this year?
Not really considering Iowa is undefeated surviving a deep Big Ten conference and will play Michigan St in the championship to prove they are worthy of being top 4 team if they lose they are not in it is basically a playoff game. Alabama has a loss and no quality wins with Wisconsin as a common opponent. Awful QB play no quality wins makes Alabama NOT worthy of a playoff spot. Having a crappy team like Florida in the SEC championship is horrible.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
CJ26 said:
Not really considering Iowa is undefeated surviving a deep Big Ten conference and will play Michigan St in the championship to prove they are worthy of being top 4 team if they lose they are not in it is basically a playoff game. Alabama has a loss and no quality wins with Wisconsin as a common opponent. Awful QB play no quality wins makes Alabama NOT worthy of a playoff spot. Having a crappy team like Florida in the SEC championship is horrible.
The Big 10 being a "deep" conference is a stretch. Either way, the Hawkeyes are on the weaker half of the Big Ten and played the weaker schedule. Were you one of the goons campaigning for Northern Illinois to get BCS title game bids a few years ago b/c they were undefeated too?? Iowa struggled in games against Pitt, Illinois, Minnesota, and Indiana. Despite their one loss, Alabama has wins over more than twice as many ranked opponents. Bama has a 35-17 win over Wisconsin while Iowa has a 10-6 win over Wisconsin. Sagrin has Alabama ranked No. 1 while Iowa is No. 14. Don't let that one game against Charleston Southern confuse you, Alabama is far and away the better team. And to say Bama has "awful QB play" shows just how little you know about their season. Nothing is more awful than a Big 10 West schedule.

CJ26

Reaction score
Flint said:
The Big 10 being a "deep" conference is a stretch. Either way, the Hawkeyes are on the weaker half of the Big Ten and played the weaker schedule. Were you one of the goons campaigning for Northern Illinois to get BCS title game bids a few years ago b/c they were undefeated too?? Iowa struggled in games against Pitt, Illinois, Minnesota, and Indiana. Despite their one loss, Alabama has wins over more than twice as many ranked opponents. Bama has a 35-17 win over Wisconsin while Iowa has a 10-6 win over Wisconsin. Sagrin has Alabama ranked No. 1 while Iowa is No. 14. Don't let that one game against Charleston Southern confuse you, Alabama is far and away the better team. And to say Bama has "awful QB play" shows just how little you know about their season. Nothing is more awful than a Big 10 West schedule.
Iowa-Wisconsin was in Camp Randall which is much different than a neutral site season opener. Coker has not shown that he is a qb that can lead alabama against an good team imo. They are a one man offense. All Alabama arguments are about the SEC's reputation which in reality the teams arnt that good as they showed in last years bowl games. The SEC should be embarrassed how they performed last year. Iowa has to beat Michigan State to get in. If they win they will be undefeated and have a better win than Alabama has. LSU, Georgia, Mississippi St are not that good of wins. LSU is barely ranked. Did you all of a sudden forgot they LOST to Ole Miss at home. SEC schools Alabama, Florida,Ole Miss , LSU are ranked. Big Ten has Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. No conference is deeper than Pac12 even though they dont have an elite team but Big ten is solid and SEC is awful this year.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
CJ26 said:
Iowa-Wisconsin was in Camp Randall which is much different than a neutral site season opener. Coker has not shown that he is a qb that can lead alabama against an good team imo. They are a one man offense. All Alabama arguments are about the SEC's reputation which in reality the teams arnt that good as they showed in last years bowl games. The SEC should be embarrassed how they performed last year. Iowa has to beat Michigan State to get in. If they win they will be undefeated and have a better win than Alabama has. LSU, Georgia, Mississippi St are not that good of wins. LSU is barely ranked. Did you all of a sudden forgot they LOST to Ole Miss at home. SEC schools Alabama, Florida,Ole Miss , LSU are ranked. Big Ten has Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. No conference is deeper than Pac12 even though they dont have an elite team but Big ten is solid and SEC is awful this year.
Alabama is unbeaten on the road. They're actually lethal on the road this year. They'd have torched Camp Randall to the ground. Coker has made plenty of plays to keep drives going in crucial spots. His throws in the Tennessee game speak volumes. Plenty of big game QBs in the Pac 12 and Big 12 this year...but what does that get any of them? I'll take the big run game and an impeccable defense. Strength of schedule is everything, as is quality wins, both of which Alabama has owned Iowa. LSU, Ole Miss, MIss State, and A&M would dismantle the likes of Iowa, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. Shit, I would take Tennessee and Georgia over each as well. Michigan couldn't beat Alabama right now, nor would Michigan State. I'll refrain from making a bold prediction on an Alabama vs. Ohio State rematch b/c of what happened last year. Oh yea, the year Alabama wasn't supposed to very good having come off the AJ McCarron era. Ohio State apparently has three top qbs but finds themselves outside and looking in on conference championship week.

The SEC has been so damn dominant for so long that one season in which Alabama stands alone near the top 5 and its all this "SEC dynasty is over" and "SEC is overrated" bullshit. Look at the BCS era and count crystal balls. The SEC has owned college football since Pete Carroll left USC.

CJ26

Reaction score
Flint said:
Alabama is unbeaten on the road. They're actually lethal on the road this year. They'd have torched Camp Randall to the ground. Coker has made plenty of plays to keep drives going in crucial spots. His throws in the Tennessee game speak volumes. Plenty of big game QBs in the Pac 12 and Big 12 this year...but what does that get any of them? I'll take the big run game and an impeccable defense. Strength of schedule is everything, as is quality wins, both of which Alabama has owned Iowa. LSU, Ole Miss, MIss State, and A&M would dismantle the likes of Iowa, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. Shit, I would take Tennessee and Georgia over each as well. Michigan couldn't beat Alabama right now, nor would Michigan State. I'll refrain from making a bold prediction on an Alabama vs. Ohio State rematch b/c of what happened last year. Oh yea, the year Alabama wasn't supposed to very good having come off the AJ McCarron era. Ohio State apparently has three top qbs but finds themselves outside and looking in on conference championship week.

The SEC has been so damn dominant for so long that one season in which Alabama stands alone near the top 5 and its all this "SEC dynasty is over" and "SEC is overrated" bullshit. Look at the BCS era and count crystal balls. The SEC has owned college football since Pete Carroll left USC.
Stop looking at the past at look at this year. I dont care how they dominated the BCS era cuz now its the Playoff Era. And in the Playoff Era, the last two years SEC schools have sucked. Tennesee, Ole Miss (lost to Memphis), Georgia (who blows) over Northwestern (great year beat stanford) Iowa and Wisconsin is a joke. The SEC was 2-5 in ranked bowl games last year. THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD. The only reason you are giving that Alabama should be in is they play in the SEC which is stupid

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
CJ26 said:
Stop looking at the past at look at this year. I dont care how they dominated the BCS era cuz now its the Playoff Era. And in the Playoff Era, the last two years SEC schools have sucked. Tennesee, Ole Miss (lost to Memphis), Georgia (who blows) over Northwestern (great year beat stanford) Iowa and Wisconsin is a joke. The SEC was 2-5 in ranked bowl games last year. THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD
Tells me to stop looking at the past....and then posts nothing but the past....

CJ26

Reaction score
Flint said:
Tells me to stop looking at the past....and then posts nothing but the past....
Fine I use bowl results to compare conferences but whatever. How about this year? Alabama has no impressive wins and lost a game. Stop using the SEC reputation to justify why they should be in cuz i dont care what they did in the BCS era

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
If Iowa loses they are not more worthy than Ohio State for the 4th spot, plain and simple.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
*Alabama has been dominant recently you mean.

The top SEC sucked ass last year in their biggest games of the year.

Bama lost to Ohio State and a "3rd string QB"
Ole Miss got waxed by TCU
Miss State lost to 1 dimensional Georgia Tech.
Auburn lost to Wisconsin
LSU lost to ND

Mizzou got a dub
Georgia got a dub

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
CJ26 said:
Fine I use bowl results to compare conferences but whatever. How about this year? Alabama has no impressive wins and lost a game. Stop using the SEC reputation to justify why they should be in cuz i dont care what they did in the BCS era
Alabama has no impressive wins in your opinion. I guess its good the College Football Playoff committee thinks more like I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%