NFC South Discussion

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Post whatever division-related news or rumors you want to discuss.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Wow Drew Brees showed up to support Vilma during the trial. What a great teammate, man I wish that dude was on my team.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Judge told the NFL that their investigation was unfair and improper and she also said that she'll rule in favor of Vilma if she can do it legally, but she wants both sides to settle outside of court so she doesn't have to make a ruling.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Curtis Lofton Restructures Deal

[font=lucida sans unicode']Linebacker Curtis Lofton has restructured the contract he signed as a free agent last offseason, according to a league source.

Lofton’s cap figure was scheduled to be $7.1 million. But the Saints were able to drop that number to $3.1 million by replacing a scheduled $5 million roster bonus with a $5 million signing bonus that will be pro-rated over the remainder of the contract.[/font]

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Panthers and the City of Charlotte have a deal that would result in upgrades to Bank of America Stadium. But to the extent that deal relies upon state money, the deal is about to fall apart.​

According to Jim Morrill of the Charlotte Observer, North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory said Monday that state money won’t be available to the project.

“We don’t have the money in the state to address that issue,” McCrory said. “I have never been actually asked for the $62 million, nor do we have it.”

Panthers president Danny Morrison apparently isn’t ready to take “we don’t have the money” as an answer.

“We have met with state officials multiples times,” Morrison said in a statement issued to the Observer. “They have always been supportive of our efforts and indicated the importance of the Panthers to both the State and Charlotte. We are hopeful that ultimately these assurances translate into support for the team.”

The deal between the team and the city would result in the team agreeing to stay in town for at least 15 more years. Without that agreement, the Panthers would in theory potentially relocate — even though owner Jerry Richardson owns the stadium.

Sure, Richardson (or whoever buys the team from him or his estate) would be abandoning the stadium. At some point, however, a deal proposed by a new city would make the prospect of leaving attractive, even if it meant the Panthers would be boarding up their current home and leaving.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saints sign Benjamin Watson:

The Saints have signed TE Benjamin Watson (@BenjaminSWatson) to a 3-year deal #FreeAgency pic.twitter.com/voifBIwAAv

Probably gives the Saints one of the better TE tandoms in the league.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I dont see a tandem better than them outside of New England. Graham himself is a Top 5 TE, and Watson is very solid.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And to take it a step further, Graham played all of last season with a broken wrist so he should be even better next season.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
nola....is the Sproles in your avatar?  If so, you can't X him out.  He's the man.  What is going on with NO and New England.  Those 2 teams are falling flat on their faces.  They both need to win this weekend or they are never going to make the playoffs this year and that would be weird if they didn't make it.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think that's a CB based on how he's standing. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
nola....is the Sproles in your avatar?  If so, you can't X him out.  He's the man.  What is going on with NO and New England.  Those 2 teams are falling flat on their faces.  They both need to win this weekend or they are never going to make the playoffs this year and that would be weird if they didn't make it.
That's actually Patrick Robinson. My boycott of him actually did its job, he hasn't seen the field at corner in two weeks.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Pats can easily division still when we lose vs CIN this Sunday (although I actually think we sneak out the victory)

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
That's actually Patrick Robinson. My boycott of him actually did its job, he hasn't seen the field at corner in two weeks.
Why are you boycotting him and not the whole team the way they've been playing. :p

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
Why are you boycotting him and not the whole team the way they've been playing.
I didn't think they were playing bad before last week. As far as I'm concerned last week didn't happen though.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I didn't think they were playing bad before last week. As far as I'm concerned last week didn't happen though.
I'll give you that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%