NFC East Discussion

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
which is their own fault when they overpaid Eli & Rolle, among others.

VC15

Reaction score
Really feel like the Giants are going to be the weakest team in this division... I mean, we are getting fucked by the cap space.
Could be the Cowboys. They're in even worse shape, cap wise.

Teams with legitimate franchise QBs will always be limited with cap space.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Giants do a good job cutting corners, though. If they draft well they'll still be in contention.

VC15

Reaction score
The division is wide open right now. As long as you get in, you have a chance.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
if Giants can keep Cruz, draft a lineman in the first round, and still have room to pick up a decent MLB they can compete with any of 'em.

VC15

Reaction score
Cruz isn't going anywhere, drafting a lineman in the first round is silly, and they'll find a solid man for the middle.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
why would drafting a lineman in the first round be silly?

I mean, obviously they should go for a linebacker in the first round but if certain guys go off or w/e... idk. i dont even know which offensive linemen are projected to be drafted where.

VC15

Reaction score
why would drafting a lineman in the first round be silly?

I mean, obviously they should go for a linebacker in the first round but if certain guys go off or w/e... idk. i dont even know which offensive linemen are projected to be drafted where.
You're better off getting one in free agency. If you have to draft a lineman, it should rarely be in the first round.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
True. I think Beatty was 2nd round he was pretty good this past year.

The more I think about it the more I realize they need to draft a LB in the first round instead. Gotta take another look at some of the mocks, don't even really know who is there, haha.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man I feel like the Giants will never draft a LB in the 1st round. I think the defensive line has regressed significantly and we need better LB'ers because the line wont hide those holes like it used to.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Every year when it appears they might actually draft a LB in the 1st round, they wind up drafting another DE.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

In with the new, out with the old?

That could be the Giants plan based on the three free agent acquisitions they made yesterday, agreeing to terms with inside linebacker Dan Connor, receiver Louis Murphy and, according to reports last night, tight end Brandon Myers.

The 27-year-old Myers, a sixth-round pick out of Iowa in 2009 had a breakout last season (his fourth with the Raiders), catching 79 passes for 806 yards and four touchdowns. The Giants were in need of tight end help after Martellus Bennett, who caught 55 passes last season, left them for the Bears as a free agent.

Both Connor, who’s is entering his sixth NFL season, and Murphy, a former Raider, agreed to one-year contracts. Details of Myers deal were unknown. All the players address position needs where the Giants have existing free agents of their own — Chase Blackburn at inside linebacker, receivers Domenik Hixon and Ramses Barden, and tight end Bennett having already defected.

Connor, a third-round draft choice from Penn State picked by Carolina in 2008, played four years with the Panthers before joining Dallas last year.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I like all 3 signings actually. I wish we couldve gotten Karlos Dansby, but he wouldve been expensive. The Giants were 32nd in the NFL last year in defense, they better draft a lot of solid defensive players.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Former Dolphins 2nd rounder signed with Washington:
Ex-Dolphins QB Pat White agrees to deal with Redskins usat.ly/10u2RA1 via @USATODAY

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Yeah, and I heard he was discussing with the Giants.... but the biggest issue was that the Giants were going to put him on the practice squad while the Redskins actually have plans to use him with RGIII.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No they don't.  I guarantee he won't be on the roster come week one.  They're just going to use him to simulate RG3 during offseason workouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%