NFC East Discussion

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Post whatever division-related news or rumors you want to discuss.

VC15

Reaction score
Preparation:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1SPJN7-E5Ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
"New York Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas on Saturday said he was medically cleared for training camp some 11 months after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament during a preseason game against the Chicago Bears.

"I have no limitations entering camp; obviously (medical staff) will be monitoring me throughout camp," Thomas said on his website. Giants camp begins on July 28.

"The road just started; I have a lot of work to do," Thomas added. "I just want to let you know that I have been working real hard. I am determined to get to the same form as last year and to be a great addition to our secondary."

Thomas told NFL Network last month at his youth football camp in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., that he fully expects to be the Giants' starting cornerback."

Source: NFL.com
Hellz yea!

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
A league source tells PFT that (Giants) S Kenny Phillips will miss his fifth straight game on Sunday, due to a knee injury suffered on September 30 against the Eagles.

Listed as questionable, Phillips fully participated in practice on Wednesday, but he then was a limited participant on Thursday and Friday. Phillips said on Thursday that he&rsquo;ll play.

- PFT

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
apparently Giants worked Addai out today. Not a good sign -- even though I hate Bradshaw, not a good sign.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
From PFT - During the bye week, Giants running backs coach Jerald Ingram said that first-round pick David Wilsonhad to show the team that he&rsquo;s more than &ldquo;just a runner&rdquo; before he&rsquo;ll be able to gain more playing time with the team.

Wilson responded to that when the team returned to work on Monday and expressed some confusion about what he can do to prove that he&rsquo;s improved on areas like pass protection when the team won&rsquo;t put him on the field. Wilson said that he has never had opportunities to do anything other than run the ball in the NFL and that he feels like his performance at practice has been sound enough in the non-running areas Ingram says he needs to improve.

&ldquo;When you say show more, do more, you wonder, &lsquo;Where?&rsquo;&rdquo; Wilson said, via Jorge Castillo of the Newark Star-Ledger. &ldquo;I mean, I work hard at practice and do my plays when I&rsquo;m in and, so, (I&rsquo;m) waiting.&rdquo;

Wilson didn&rsquo;t forget how to do anything but run the ball after getting drafted by the Giants, so they had to know what they were getting just as they had to know about his fumbling problems in college before slashing his playing time dramatically for fumbling in the first game of the season. At some point, Wilson is going to need to get a chance to do things on the field during games. Otherwise, the whole thing will turn into a circle where Wilson doesn&rsquo;t play because of the things he can&rsquo;t do and he can&rsquo;t do those things because he doesn&rsquo;t get the playing time he needs to work on those aspects of his game.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Pretty dumb of him to say that to the media as opposed to the coaches. Sure fire way to make sure you don't get what you want is by telling the media instead of the people making the decisions.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Here's an interesting storyline:

If Green Bay beats NYG this Sunday, the Giants would be 6-5 heading into the next week.

If Washington beats NYG and Dallas beats Philly in next weekend's games, we're looking at three 6-6 teams at the top of the East.

This is very possible, and would add a lot of intrigue to the last four games of the season. I hope this plays out, not just as a Cowboys fan, but as a football fan.

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind seeing it happen either but as a Giant fan I would just like to beat green bay tommorow so we dont need to get in all those sceniros

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind seeing it happen either but as a Giant fan I would just like to beat green bay tommorow so we dont need to get in all those sceniros
I feel like the Packers are due for a loss, and to NYG is much more likely than to Minnesota. I hope they can pull it off, though.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Giants & Terrell Thomas Agree to New Contract

[font=lucida sans unicode']-- Terrell Thomas yesterday appeared at the Giants&rsquo; facility and spoke with general manager Jerry Reese, coach Tom Coughlin and defensive coordinator Perry Fewell. He reports all three said they envision him returning to the Giants as a cornerback.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']&ldquo;But if not, maybe there&rsquo;s a nickel safety role,&rsquo;&rsquo; Thomas said, recalling all three conversations came to the same conclusion: &ldquo;Either way, we just want you on the field.&rsquo;&rsquo;[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']At this point, the &ldquo;where&rsquo;&rsquo; is not a concern for Thomas and the Giants. Cornerback or safety will be sorted out at another time. It&rsquo;s getting on the field, and staying on the field, that is the daunting challenge.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']Thomas, on the mend again and attempting yet another comeback, is currently rehabbing from the third knee reconstruction to his right ACL. He is considered a long shot to make it back, but the Giants are willing to give him a chance. They tore up the four-year contract he signed last spring and replaced it with a new one-year deal that will at least give him a chance to prove he&rsquo;s physically able to return to the NFL.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']Thomas, 28, was due a $6 million option bonus payable in March and, coming off the injury, was not going to see any of that money. He is considered to be an extreme medical risk, with two ACL injuries in the past two years after tearing it the first time in 2005 while at USC. The only NFL player known to ever make a successful comeback from three ACL reconstructions is Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis.[/font]
Glad they were able to reduce the contract. I really have no idea what to expect from him this season. Third reconstructive surgery on that knee is a real problem, but at least they're no longer locked up with him too long.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Jerry Jones Not Content With State of Cowboys

[font=lucida sans unicode']INDIANAPOLIS &mdash; Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones looked good sitting in a plush leather recliner on his shiny new $2 million bus outside the Marriott Hotel.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']And he feels good about the coaching and philosophical changes made since the Cowboys&rsquo; season-ending loss at Washington, resulting in a second consecutive 8-8 season and third straight year out of the playoffs. But don&rsquo;t describe Jones or the current state of the Cowboys, who have one playoff win and a bad-to-middling record over the last 15 years, as comfortable.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']Jones said the Cowboys are &ldquo;in a rut that is akin to lying dead in a coffin.&rdquo; While he remains confident in coach Jason Garrett and hopeful that things will improve in 2013, the coach is on notice that Jones&rsquo; patience has run out and the time to win is now.[/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode']&ldquo;I think we have changed,&rdquo; Jones said. &ldquo;I&rsquo;m positive and I feel good we have changed. I feel good where this thing sits right now. I&rsquo;m not in a good mood. I&rsquo;m not in a bad mood, but I&rsquo;m sure not up here celebrating. &ldquo;This thing has been a big disappointment the last couple of years. I&rsquo;m not satisfied. We&rsquo;ve got to start knocking on the door. So there is a lot of resolve and not a lot of patience, and Jason knows that.&rdquo;[/font]

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After scrambling to restructure a bunch of contracts last week, the Cowboys continue to work the fringes of their own free agent market.​
According to Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com, the Cowboys signed center Phil Costa to a two-year contract.​
Costa was going to be a restricted free agent, and will make something less than the $1.323 million tender he would have required now. Such deals generally include some guaranteed money in the form of a signing bonus in exchange for one of his unrestricted free agency years.​
Costa started every game for the Cowboys in 2011, but only played in parts of three games last year because of back and ankle problems.​
The Cowboys have also signed long snapper​
L.P. Ladouceur
, after having the restrucuture most of the significant veteran contracts just to get within the bounds of the salary cap.​

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Today, the Eagles signed two players: S Kenny Phillips from the NYG on a 1-year deal, and CB Cary Williams for $17M over 3 years.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did Phillips regress that badly? I haven't really been following his career, but he used to be a pretty good safety, no?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did Phillips regress that badly? I haven't really been following his career, but he used to be a pretty good safety, no?
Injuries.

Eagles signed Conner Barwin to a 6 year deal.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea he's still really good, but he's had knee issues since his first season. I forget what injury, but it was basically some chronic that would never go away. Real shame too.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Really feel like the Giants are going to be the weakest team in this division... I mean, we are getting fucked by the cap space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%