Cubs Hire Hickey, Chili, Butterfield

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Theo allowed Joe Maddon the freedom to make changes to his coaching staff. Maddon nearly cleared out his MLB bench and is bringing in Chili Davis as new hitting coach, Brian Butterfield as 3rd Base Coach, and Jim Hickey as new pitching coach.

Chili Davis and Butterfield were given permission to seek other jobs after the Sox fired Farrell. Butterfield was a big favorite of Red Sox Nation. Jim Hickey's hire comes as no surprise as he spent time serving with Maddon in Tampa.

Current Cubs bench coach Dave Martinez is the current favorite to land the Nationals gig. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:
Butterfield was a big favorite of Red Sox Nation. 
?

He was so overly aggressive, and caused so many outs from doing stupid shit like sending home Sandy Leon off a flyout. I'm glad hes gone

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
?

He was so overly aggressive, and caused so many outs from doing stupid shit like sending home Sandy Leon off a flyout. I'm glad hes gone
Terrible year coaching bases this season but he’s considered one of the best infield instructors in all of baseball. Players respect the hell out of him. I know a lot of Sox fans would rather he have stuck around, not to imply Cora would want him either way.

Red Sox biggest issue was Slugging. Can’t finish the season near the bottom of MLB in slug percentage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%