Official 2012 SI Mock Draft discussion thread

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
^ Jags wouldn't trade up unless there was a shit ton of value there. They're more interested in moving back and gathering picks this year.

As for Ruben Randle. I'm kinda with TTN, Randle is a hell of a player. Doesn't have alot of knocks against him where as guys like Blackmon and Floyd do. If a team falls in love with him, he can go high. I know I want him.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michael Floyd in V1.

Quinton Coples in V2.

Hopefully reality is this nice.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Michael Floyd in V1.

Quinton Coples in V2.

Hopefully reality is this nice.
Coples is slipping. Mayock said he wouldnt touch Coples in the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd round if he was GM.

Senior tape was horrible, he gets lazy and quits. His Junior tape.. atleast to me, isn't very much more impressive. High bust rate.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Coples is slipping. Mayock said he wouldnt touch Coples in the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd round if he was GM.

Senior tape was horrible, he gets lazy and quits. His Junior tape.. atleast to me, isn't very much more impressive. High bust rate.
I feel like a veteran Bears team would be a good situation for him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I feel like a veteran Bears team would be a good situation for him.
I dont think it matters.. He doesnt have very many pass rushing moves.. I dont think it matters where he goes, i see him busting hard.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I haven't seen a single person aside for you say that he's a first round lock.
Majority have him as an early 2nd rounder, with a couple of guys saying he could sneak in via trade into the bottom of the 1st round.

Personally, I love Randle. Clearly I don't love him as much as you do, but I still like him as my #2 WR in this class, behind Floyd (I dislike Blackmon a lot, probably due to overhype from the media). But there is no chance he goes top 20, let alone 13th. First off, Cardinals have bigger needs than WR. If they can't get an OL like Reiff or DeCastro, they will want a pass rusher. They could pick up a Quinton Coples with that pick. They have a need at defensive back; Stephon Gilmore could be the pick.
And in all honesty, the Randle pick doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Yes, he would play well in their system, but he'd play very similarly to Early Doucet. They are a very similar player, with Randle being a little better, but why not solve an area of need when you can easily get that production at WR from your roster

And I lol at you saying that I don't know shit, it's kinda funny. You clearly do all your mocks and shit on how YOU value the players. Why doesnt the NFL just make you the league scouting director, and you tell everyone who to pick. Not everyone values the same players the same.

Like for instance, you have Still going 27th to NE. First off that's a little bit of a reach; I've been hearing he's fallen solid into the 2nd round. But even if we did, why would we follow up with Branch? That literally makes no sense. Drafting Still means we are going into the 4-3, because while he can play it, he really isn't a DE. Same way with Nick Perry being an OLB. He can probably do it, but he's better in the 4-3. You have us drafting a 4-3 DT, followed up by a 3-4 LB? You get one or the other, not both. And I doubt the Pats would pass on Cordy Glenn if available...

This is something the Pats would do during the draft
You do know that Pats play 4-3 and 3-4 right? Still can play 4-3 DT and 3-4 End. Branch can play 4-3 End and 3-4 OLB. Branch is the most versatile of all the hybrids in their range, so he can play both for the Pats, as can
Still, and they get two solid players who can play both of their defenses. I thought you would know your own team, but I should really assume anything with you.

And comparing Doucet to Randle is one of the funniest things I've heard about this NFL draft ahah. Also, no one know how teams have their boards. The media consensus for Randle is 22-40, but teams could have him a lot higher.

TTN2810

Reaction score
^ Jags wouldn't trade up unless there was a shit ton of value there. They're more interested in moving back and gathering picks this year.

As for Ruben Randle. I'm kinda with TTN, Randle is a hell of a player. Doesn't have alot of knocks against him where as guys like Blackmon and Floyd do. If a team falls in love with him, he can go high. I know I want him.
Thank you, finally someone who knows something about the NFL draft.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thank you, finally someone who knows something about the NFL draft.
Pretty sure it's common sense, no matter what draft it is, that if a team falls in love with a player they have a chance of selecting them. Don't think you need some expert knowledge to know that.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's common sense, no matter what draft it is, that if a team falls in love with a player they have a chance of selecting them. Don't think you need some expert knowledge to know that.
No, but he does know about the correlation between 20-30 yard velocity and QB elbow placement. (I kid...)

TTN2810

Reaction score
I guess some people don't have common sense.
But it's just the fact Randle has the qualities to make a team fall in love with him. Lots of guys don't have that, whereas Randle is easy to fall in love with his game, so a team is more likely to bite early on him than say Wright.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Picked Floyd & Glenn for the Bengals but I highly doubt that's the way it will go. They can go in so many different directions come draft day. I've heard that they really like Courtney Upshaw, not sure how true it is though. I don't see Floyd falling to 17 and I could have easily went with Dre Kirkpatrick. I'm honestly baffled on what they will do, if DeCastro falls to 17, I'm 99.9% sure that's who they will pick but the question is will he fall that far!?!??? There's a good chance both of my picks will be incorrect. lol

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would love for the lions to get kirkpatrick. But I dunno how likely it is though. But it happened in this draft lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I would love for the lions to get kirkpatrick. But I dunno how likely it is though. But it happened in this draft lol
You know, he was arrested for Weed possession this offseason too.. So, he fits right in.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Really Bosox? Josh Robinson? LULZ..

Have fun with a shitty Secondary.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's the next available DB.... Jenkins is believed to have fallen into the late 2nd now, and Smith is an awful fit and a reach pick

Robinson fits a need, and is very much a BB type player. Good corner, good ST

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And in fact, Briscoe has JRob going to us too in pick #31 in his mock...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%