After Andrew Luck...

Mooche

Reaction score
A lot of potential in this class though Kam.

My list:

1. Andrew Luck
2. Landry Jones
3. Matt Barkley
4. Robert Griffin III
5. Nick Foles
6. Ryan Tannehill
7. Brandon Weeden (too old)

EDIT

I forgot Kellen Moore. I still say he rises around draft time, if he puts on some weight.
All those guys are better prospects than Moore, TTN. I always pull for Kellen, but he isn't going to be much in the NFL at all. He's very frail and his arm is definitely not ready for the show, or even close to being ready. He doesn't deserve to be put in the bunch with these prospects who have much higher ceilings at QB.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmao at Case Keenum.

Andrew Luck
Matt Barkley
Robert Griffin III
Landry Jones
Nick Foles

That's just how I'd have it for me.. Luck is definitley the best, and I think Barkley and RG3 have the most potential out of the QBs left. Landry Jones and Nick Foles are safer picks, but I'd take a risk on guys I think have a bigger upside. Barkley could be real good if he gets good coaching, he was forced into playing early with not much talent around him. RG3 has all the tools.

TTN2810

Reaction score
All those guys are better prospects than Moore, TTN. I always pull for Kellen, but he isn't going to be much in the NFL at all. He's very frail and his arm is definitely not ready for the show, or even close to being ready. He doesn't deserve to be put in the bunch with these prospects who have much higher ceilings at QB.
They all are better then Moore, yes. He would definitely be after all those guys, but I just wanted to mention him. He shouldn't be forgot about.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I know people are going to think im crazy.. but this years Class isn't better than last year.

There was what? 5 First round QBs?

Mooche

Reaction score
I know people are going to think im crazy.. but this years Class isn't better than last year.

There was what? 5 First round QBs?
You can't just judge it purely based on that, though.

It's all about the supply and demand for what the teams in the NFL need. Is Christian Ponder a #12 overall prospect? No. He isn't. But the Vikings felt like they needed a signal caller, and they went out and reached to get the guy they really liked in the draft.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
So many teams needed a QB last year though.
Doesn't mean anything.. If you feel like that player is worth a first round pick.. you take him.

You can't just judge it purely based on that, though.

It's all about the supply and demand for what the teams in the NFL need. Is Christian Ponder a #12 overall prospect? No. He isn't. But the Vikings felt like they needed a signal caller, and they went out and reached to get the guy they really liked in the draft.
Who said Ponder isn't a #12 overall prospect? The national media who does the typical mock drafts and shit? Same people who blast a team when they draft somebody thats not expected to be that high? Obviously there was something in Ponder that the Vikings felt he was worth the #12 overall pick in.

TTN2810

Reaction score
They liked him, and knew he wouldn't be there in the second. I think they were pressured into it, because yes they did like him, and didn't want to miss him. They probably could have gotten him 10-15 picks later though.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
They liked him, and knew he wouldn't be there in the second. I think they were pressured into it, because yes they did like him, and didn't want to miss him. They probably could have gotten him 10-15 picks later though.
Then they would have traded down...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't mean anything.. If you feel like that player is worth a first round pick.. you take him.

Who said Ponder isn't a #12 overall prospect? The national media who does the typical mock drafts and shit? Same people who blast a team when they draft somebody thats not expected to be that high? Obviously there was something in Ponder that the Vikings felt he was worth the #12 overall pick in.
So now after saying that, you basically can't criticize any draft pick without someone posting this back at you.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Again, that's never certain though. They were so desperate, they had to have him. Compare him to the 4th rated QB this year. From us all, it looks like it would be Foles or RGIII, both of who are much better prospects.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Again, that's never certain though. They were so desperate, they had to have him. Compare him to the 4th rated QB this year. From us all, it looks like it would be Foles or RGIII, both of who are much better prospects.
How are they better?

& You dont take a QB 12th overall just because he wont be there next round.

swoosh

Reaction score
I don't like Barkley either. Kid doesn't have "it".
Lol, you couldn't be anymore wrong about him not having "it." He may not be the ideal size or have the strongest arm, but he definitely has the "it" factor. I've watched Barkley probably more than anyone else on this site. I've seen him develop and watched him improve game by game, season by season. He's been in a pro style system. He's been around former NFL coaches. He's got the smarts. He's got the football IQ. Everybody he's been around raves about him. He was a leader the moment he stepped onto that USC campus. Everything about him screams the "it" factor.

And yes, BTW, he is my #2 QB prospect.

swoosh

Reaction score
Although, I will say against Cal (which BTW wasn't his best of games), he did have three great deep throws in the first half alone. I missed the second half.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I watched the 4th quarter, and I remember he missed one for sure.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Lol, you couldn't be anymore wrong about him not having "it." He may not be the ideal size or have the strongest arm, but he definitely has the "it" factor. I've watched Barkley probably more than anyone else on this site. I've seen him develop and watched him improve game by game, season by season. He's been in a pro style system. He's been around former NFL coaches. He's got the smarts. He's got the football IQ. Everybody he's been around raves about him. He was a leader the moment he stepped onto that USC campus. Everything about him screams the "it" factor.

And yes, BTW, he is my #2 QB prospect.
He just never really appeared to me as a QB that puts the team on his back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%