First Round Winners/Losers.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Even 4-3 OLB. It just doesn't make sense for the Broncos.. He's a 3-4 OLB, and he gets after the passer. I don't really trust him completely in space.

This team has been drafting like ass for years, though, can't expect much else..
In no way was this a bad pick. Miller is a better player than Dareus with more upside. They made the right pick.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Minnesota lost bad, Ponder is never gonna be anything and they're gonna waste 3-5 years trying to develop him.

Hope Sidney Rice is ready for a bunch of under-thrown deep balls

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
He dropped because you can easily get impact running backs later in the draft. Why use a first round pick on one?
If he was 6' then it would have been legit. This dude is going to have a hard time blocking in the backfield.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Saints were winners, two top fifteen prospects. I don't mind trading our first next season because Ingram is a stud, not sure why he dropped. The pick will be very very late anyway.

As for our second, we have two thirds in a draft that's talent drops after a certain number of prospects. You'll get the same type of impact in the late 2nd as you would in the third.
SMH.

You dont draft Ingram, and trade away potential picks.
When you can get Mikel or Ryan Williams in the 2nd, and it'd have the same value.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Minnesota lost bad, Ponder is never gonna be anything and they're gonna waste 3-5 years trying to develop him.

Hope Sidney Rice is ready for a bunch of under-thrown deep balls
Sidney Rice isn't staying in Minnesota, He'll be a Free Agent.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He dropped because you can easily get impact running backs later in the draft. Why use a first round pick on one?
Ingram dropped because he's only 5'9 and teams didn't have a huge RB need. He grades out great everywhere.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH.

You dont draft Ingram, and trade away potential picks.
When you can get Mikel or Ryan Williams in the 2nd, and it'd have the same value.
Ingram > Leshoure/Williams

Besides, I don't think either will be available by the time the Saints would have been on the clock.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Broncos definitely lost. They have no DTs right now. Doesn't matter what you have at Linebacker, if you lack the talent up front you're shit out of luck. They better have something up their sleeve.

And I didn't understand Washington's thinking. Had that 10th pick and could have taken Gabbert, and passed him up. I thought they wanted to trade McNabb? Lol. Had a shot and gave it up. Problem is they need help all-around, so idk at this point.

Carolina is big losers. Cam will not live up to the hype. I love how ESPN covers his ass all week and sucks on his dick about how good he can be, then when Carolina drafts him they trounce the Panthers about why it was a bad pick.

Lastly, Chicago is the biggest loser. Botched the trade. I think they got who they wanted anyway, but their image took a big hit after the botched trade with Baltimore last night.
Gabbert was never on the Redskins' radar. They wouldn't have drafted him even if they stayed at 10. I think Locker was the guy they wanted, which is why they ultimately moved down.

Mooche

Reaction score
Ingram dropped because he's only 5'9 and teams didn't have a huge RB need. He grades out great everywhere.
AND he slid because of big time knee concerns. That's an issue most teams look at pretty heavy.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A lot of people aren't thinking clearly about the Falcons. They were a VERY good team last year. With Julio they will even be able to score more, and they still have picks in this draft. The Falcons' picks next year will not be good IMO, they are going to the playoffs, and probably going farther than they did this last year.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
A lot of people aren't thinking clearly about the Falcons. They were a VERY good team last year. With Julio they will even be able to score more, and they still have picks in this draft. The Falcons' picks next year will not be good IMO, they are going to the playoffs, and probably going farther than they did this last year.
Their offense is already good though, they should have used that pick on an impact defensive player if they were gonna trade up that far, you're the one not thinking clearly, letting the Bama homerism cloud your judgement

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Their offense is already good though, they should have used that pick on an impact defensive player if they were gonna trade up that far, you're the one not thinking clearly, letting the Bama homerism cloud your judgement
I think it was a good move to. The Falcons believe they're one or two players away from winning it all. If that's the case, picks don't matter. They did what they thought they had to do.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're not, still need to upgrade the defensive side, and maybe even the OL.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Simply for the fact that you dont give up picks like that for a WR.

These days, you can get a starting WR in any round.

Julio reminds me of Michael Jenkins, who is on the Falcons rost.

Also, they'll be paying out the ass for him too.
But dude, look at our season, we the best season since 98 imo and it ended because of GB outscoring us, we it came down to playing them I believe we lost 48-21. We just couldn't make plays on offense at all. Not to mention I believe we were last in the league in 20+ yard receiving plays, I believe having Julio and Roddy will change that. Keeping our picks wouldn't have really changed that much, and I highly doubt theres any WRs in this draft on the level of AJ and Julio.

Mooche

Reaction score
Doesn't that also reaffirm that you guys need more defensive help?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't that also reaffirm that you guys need more defensive help?
Nah not really our main problem is the offense not being able to stay on the field. When you 3 and Out over and over and over it starts to take a toll on your defense. No matter how good the players are.

VC15

Reaction score
The Falcons weren't too special last year. A LOT of things just happened to go their way.

That trade was ridiculous. Giving up five picks for a WR?

That is why they'll never win shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%