First Round Winners/Losers.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we arent losers. you dont pass on fairly at our pick. fairly and suh will dominate for years. regardless of our secondary, we just dont pass that up.

we do NEED to drastically improve our secondary, we need a reliable backup qb, too. but with that dline im assuming we're banking on so much pressure that the opposing offense will be throwing more risky passes and we can do with a decent secondary.

though im not happy with our corners, we do need to address that.

Mooche

Reaction score
we arent losers. you dont pass on fairly at our pick. fairly and suh will dominate for years. regardless of our secondary, we just dont pass that up.

we do NEED to drastically improve our secondary, we need a reliable backup qb, too. but with that dline im assuming we're banking on so much pressure that the opposing offense will be throwing more risky passes and we can do with a decent secondary.

Brandon Harris is still sitting on the board..

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Shaun Hill is a reliable backup imo. Not the greatest backup but he is decent.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Von Miller is goign to be a stud in this league. Yeah they have another guy like him on their roster, so what? They play more than one linebacker. Having both from each side is going to create havoc for opposing lines.
Broncos play 4-3 now..

Miller @ DE = smh

Mooche

Reaction score
Broncos play 4-3 now..

Miller @ DE = smh
Even 4-3 OLB. It just doesn't make sense for the Broncos.. He's a 3-4 OLB, and he gets after the passer. I don't really trust him completely in space.

This team has been drafting like ass for years, though, can't expect much else..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaun Hill is a reliable backup imo. Not the greatest backup but he is decent.
i honestly forgot about him, lol. is he a free agent though? eh, hes ok.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Losers-

Miami- Seriously, if you need a explanation you are fucking dumb.

Carolina- Love this shit right here. Not only do I hate this team, they drafted the fucking dumbest player in the draft. This dude ran a drive-thru window for McDonald's last season. In reality that's all an Auburn QB is... a mother fucking order god damn taker. That's it. This kid has no accuracy other than heaving the ball 60 yards down field. And as Phil Simms said.... "Well,... -weird silence- he's a good runner." What cracks me up about Auburn is they got two 5 star QB's committs and only one of them is even a good QB, being Pike. Yawn, next...

Jacksonville- GG took a spread QB who has as much experience under center as he does with a pair of scissors. Ignorance is taking a QB with no elite skills, no pro-style experience, and his TD/INT ratio of 16-9 in a conference full of pathetic defenses and a bunch of great offenses is seriously weak.

Minnesota- Um, this dude had average numbers in the Pac-10... and if he was at UF in the SEC he wouldn't have even got a third of those stats. This dude right here is fucking RUDY from Notre Dame. Except Rudy didn't have 3 surgeries in college and any expectations. The Vikings are fucking retarded. Passed on Mallett and Dalton for an average weak ACC QB? How gay, and fitting they wear purple to go with it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Losers-

Jacksonville- GG took a spread QB who has as much experience under center as he does with a pair of scissors. Ignorance is taking a QB with no elite skills, no pro-style experience, and his TD/INT ratio of 16-9 in a conference full of pathetic defenses and a bunch of great offenses is seriously weak.
According to his Head Coach at Mizzou, and Blaine himself. He took almost every snap from center during practice each week. I watched Blaine and he is a pro style QB who was trapped in a spread system. He has the arm, can make the throws, has the character, has the IT factor. I don't see us as a "loser" one bit.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cleveland Browns - LOVE the way they're building this team now. They got a shitload of picks for a WR I think will turn out Meh in Julio Jones. Always been a Taylor fan. Reminds me of Ted Washington a bit.
I agree totally with this.. We need to keep improving our defense with young impact players. Joe Haden-TJ Ward last year, Phil Taylor and hopefully a pass rushing DE in the 2nd round to help the D this year. Glad we didn't have to deal with the Qb drama this year for once... Still concerned on our WR situation though, we need to make a play in free agency for a real good one.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I agree with Brut on Carolina and Miami, but the other 2 you aer way off.

First off Ponder played in the AAC, not Pac-10. In a pro-style offense, which doesn't pass as much as a spread offense, making them run alot more in the red zone than a spread, which hurts his numbers compared to spread QB's.

And for Gabbert, also, they ran fucking a lot in the redzone. And do you do ANY research? Gabbert was the #1 PRO STYLE QB coming out of High School. And his elite skill is knowledge of the game. Dude knows what football is about.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gabbert was always my #1 QB in the draft. I love that he has a quick release, good arm strength, still has accuracy to go with it and I love that he's not just a statue back in the pocket.. Has mobility but is not reckless with it, knows when to use it. Great size for a QB as well

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you look at really it's 50/50 on the Von Miller pick.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Broncos definitely lost. They have no DTs right now. Doesn't matter what you have at Linebacker, if you lack the talent up front you're shit out of luck. They better have something up their sleeve.

And I didn't understand Washington's thinking. Had that 10th pick and could have taken Gabbert, and passed him up. I thought they wanted to trade McNabb? Lol. Had a shot and gave it up. Problem is they need help all-around, so idk at this point.

Carolina is big losers. Cam will not live up to the hype. I love how ESPN covers his ass all week and sucks on his dick about how good he can be, then when Carolina drafts him they trounce the Panthers about why it was a bad pick.

Lastly, Chicago is the biggest loser. Botched the trade. I think they got who they wanted anyway, but their image took a big hit after the botched trade with Baltimore last night.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
I agree with Brut on Carolina and Miami, but the other 2 you aer way off.

First off Ponder played in the AAC, not Pac-10. In a pro-style offense, which doesn't pass as much as a spread offense, making them run alot more in the red zone than a spread, which hurts his numbers compared to spread QB's.

And for Gabbert, also, they ran fucking a lot in the redzone. And do you do ANY research? Gabbert was the #1 PRO STYLE QB coming out of High School. And his elite skill is knowledge of the game. Dude knows what football is about.
Actually Ponder played in the ACC, which originally was my mistake putting Pac-10, I was thinking about Locker already. Locker is undoubtedly the worst pick in the draft.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Last QBs Titans OC Chris Palmer brought into the league?

Tim Couch, and David Carr..

Yikes, doesn't look good for Locker.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Palmer works for the Titans? loooool I completely forgot.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saints were winners, two top fifteen prospects. I don't mind trading our first next season because Ingram is a stud, not sure why he dropped. The pick will be very very late anyway.

As for our second, we have two thirds in a draft that's talent drops after a certain number of prospects. You'll get the same type of impact in the late 2nd as you would in the third.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He dropped because you can easily get impact running backs later in the draft. Why use a first round pick on one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%