Brutalis, You Were Right.

Mooche

Reaction score
A lot have probably messed around with some sort of drugs.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, which is what I'm saying.

Not hard shit like heroin or meth, but weed or maybe acid or something. Not necessarily on a regular basis, but "experimented".

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Of course Brutalis is going to say he's the best QB in the draft, he's an Arkansas fan. I don't think Mallett will succeed in the NFL. I saw him up close and personal torch South Carolina, and on that day I thought he could be the first pick in the draft. But from everything else I've watched from him, he's got a lot of issues. I think any team taking him in the 1st round is making a mistake.

Mooche

Reaction score
James Walker of ESPN.com reports that according to multiple league sources, New England is hosting Mallett for a two-day visit this week on Monday and Tuesday.

Recent flirtations with Locker and Mallett may suggest New England is exploring the possibility of finding an eventual successor in this draft to reigning NFL Most Valuable Player Tom Brady, who will turn 34 in August. Brady is signed through the 2014 season and will be 37 at the end of his contract.

The Patriots also could use this research to look into trade possibilities with other teams more desperate for a quarterback. This year the Patriots have the No. 17 and No. 28 picks in the first round, as well as the No. 33 overall pick at the top of the second round. This gives New England a lot of flexibility.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

TTN2810

Reaction score
BTW, TTN, bro. You change #1 QB like I change boxers.

Gabbet
then Ponder.
Then Gabbert.
Then you like Dalton.
Then its Ponder.
Then its now Mallett.

Sheesh, get a grip bro.
No. It was Gabbert, then Ponder, than Mallett.
I liked Dalton, but he was never my number one.

Mooche

Reaction score
No. It was Gabbert, then Ponder, than Mallett.
I liked Dalton, but he was never my number one.
Yeah, you never said Dalton was your top guy. You love him and Kap, but they were never top. You did have Gab #1 though.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Exactly.
I only changed it 2 times, after watching more film.

And Kam, not calling you out, but you have all these claims about Mallett, but have you even watched any game tape? Not from YouTube..? Because you don't have a TYT account, so I'm kind of confused where you are making these claims from.

First of all, yes he's slow, and sure he's not a "mobile QB", but I have seen him step up from the pressure multiple times and throw great balls, which Gabbert doesn't even do. Gabbert, runs around in the backfield and than heaves it. This "Mallett is a tree because he is slow" stuff is old, because if you would watch, he steps up, and can even role out nicely.

Second, I'm not saying he isn't immature, but if he loves football, will work hard at all the aspects, I couldn't give a fuck if his attitude rubs someone the wrong way. And he still can mature. He's only 22. And good for him admitting the he experimented, at least he isn't a lying coward, and a coward is the last person you want as a QB.

The bust potential is there, but he being un-fairley compared to guys like JaMarcus because of the "tall with big arm label", and the media attacking his personality.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
Exactly.

And Kam, not calling you out, but you have all these claims about Mallett, but have you even watched any game tape? Not from YouTube..? Because you don't have a TYT account, so I'm kind of confused where you are making these claims from.

First of all, yes he's slow, and sure he's not a "mobile QB", but I have seen him step up from the pressure multiple times and throw great balls, which Gabbert doesn't even do. Gabbert, runs around in the backfield and than heaves it. This "Mallett is a tree because he is slow" stuff is old, because if you would watch, he steps up, and can even role out nicely.

Second, I'm not saying he isn't immature, but if he loves football, will work hard at all the aspects, I couldn't give a fuck if his attitude rubs someone the wrong way. And he still can mature. He's only 22. And good for him admitting the he experimented, at least he isn't a lying coward, and a coward is the last person you want as a QB.

The bust potential is there, but he being un-fairley compared to guys like JaMarcus because of the "tall with big arm label", and the media attacking his personality.
His personality is attacked because he isn't viewed as someone who can rally a team. Their skillsets are obviously very different, but I think he's a similarly risk to Jimmy Clausen, who I also didn't think would be successful.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Exactly.

Yes I've watched him.

Against Florida twice, and the night game against Georgia 2 years ago when he caught everybodys attention plus the game against Georgia this year where I believe he threw a TD on the 1st series.

I dont jus talk out my ass. I know somewhat of what I'm talking about.

Mallett is simple, Look at Jeff George. You have Mallett.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
TTN you love all the quaterbacks

TTN2810

Reaction score
No.
I know about half will bust and they all have things to like, but he you have to look at the flaws and decide which one you want.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yes I've watched him.

Against Florida twice, and the night game against Georgia 2 years ago when he caught everybodys attention plus the game against Georgia this year where I believe he threw a TD on the 1st series.

I dont jus talk out my ass. I know somewhat of what I'm talking about.

Mallett is simple, Look at Jeff George. You have Mallett.
That's watching games on TV.
That's not actually studying the player.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
That's watching games on TV.
That's not actually studying the player.
Kam isn't the biggest College Football fan.

So when I'm watching a game, its to look at prospects.

I watch the same film you'd see. Stop trying to sound like your some fucking scout because you get TV Film on a fucking website.

TTN2810

Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying.
On TV ohh, you see a play and then it's gone.

Sure it's TV film, but I can rewind a play 10 times if I need to, to see everything I need to.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying.
On TV ohh, you see a play and then it's gone.

Sure it's TV film, but I can rewind a play 10 times if I need to, to see everything I need to.
Doesnt matter.

I watch QBs when I watch College Football.

Im not like "Oh look at the RB sitting there, hes got sexy thighs"

I know what I'm talking about with Mallett. You're not some scout.

TTN2810

Reaction score
When did I say I was a scout? I'm just watching the guys the Titans could get and deciding who I personally like.
Plus, I play football dude. I just love the game. Studying other players etc.

I was just wondering if you had watched stuff. Like I said I wasn't trying to call you out, but I know some people write big articles based on what they read from other people. I now know that isn't you.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
When did I say I was a scout? I'm just watching the guys the Titans could get and deciding who I personally like.
Plus, I play football dude. I just love the game. Studying other players etc.

I was just wondering if you had watched stuff. Like I said I wasn't trying to call you out, but I know some people write big articles based on what they read from other people. I now know that isn't you.
I don't believe alot of what other people read, I get my assumptions off of eye work.

TTN2810

Reaction score
As do I.
Like I said, I'm not trying to be a scout, but I do want to make my own opinion on guys.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Citing multiple sources, the National Football Post reports that Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett skipped his team visit with the Panthers earlier this month after "a late night on the town."
Mallett met Panthers officials on the evening of April 8, but reportedly canceled for April 9, when the bulk of his visit was supposed to occur. Mallett reportedly "called and said he was sick," after being spotted out late following dinner. The reporter here -- Brad Biggs, also of the Chicago Tribune -- is one of the best in the business, so we have a hard time believing it's "pre-draft misinformation." In fact, the Charlotte Observer's Joseph Person confirms the report. It will do nothing to dispel the notion that Mallett is a massive off-field character risk, possibly with consumption and addiction issues.

OOO YEAH.. MALLETT IS SOOO WORTH IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%