Mooche and Titan's 2011 Mock 1.0

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I can see where you get the Yanks, but the thing is, unlike Seven, we actually do a lot of research into the picks, not to mention watch a lot of film. Ponder would greatly fit the offense, the Vikings are working out Ponder and Gabbert and Newton will be gone, and the Vikes know they won't get Ponder later. I personally think they'll trade down to get Ponder, but if they can't, they should just take him there. They are that desperate for a QB. And all the Locker stuff is a smokescreen. This pick is risky, but it makes sense. We didn't do it just to stir up shit.
You act like you know me.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Well, based off your "Dalton is a 5th round QB", you clearly don't watch tape or do research.
That's all I said. I didn't say anything else about you at all.

Rice18

Reaction score
Well, based off your "Dalton is a 5th round QB", you clearly don't watch tape or do research.
That's all I said. I didn't say anything else about you at all.
Tape won't tell you what round they will go in. LOL.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I get your point, and I know you guys did research and know your stuff - but Ponder going 12th is a stretch - most people admit that they are slotting him at 16 as a reach just because Smith doesn't mind reaching for 'his guys' and all that other stuff. Then slotting another two QBs in the first round is a bit much - I don't think 5 QBs go in the 1st this year - maybe 3, 4 at the most.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I would prefer Pouncey over Solder with 28, but I like Aldon there

and about Ponder, he wont be available at 44 overall, so its not bad. TTN/Mooche know what they're doing

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I can see where you get the Yanks, but the thing is, unlike Seven, we actually do a lot of research into the picks, not to mention watch a lot of film. Ponder would greatly fit the offense, the Vikings are working out Ponder and Gabbert and Newton will be gone, and the Vikes know they won't get Ponder later. I personally think they'll trade down to get Ponder, but if they can't, they should just take him there. They are that desperate for a QB. And all the Locker stuff is a smokescreen. This pick is risky, but it makes sense. We didn't do it just to stir up shit.
Lets sum this up.

Vikings won't take Ponder at 12.

They're also working on Dalton and other QBs too, don't have them going #12?

They are working out Ponder to see if they like him enough to take him IN THE 2ND ROUND. Because mostly alot of people have him as a borderline 1st/2nd. Not 12th overall. Jags would take him 16, but thats just because Gene Smith is different and tends to "reach" for players every year. The talk with Ponder in the 1st round didn't even start until a Jags source confirmed that we was inlove with him. He will not go higher than 16. IDC what this mock says, its pretty much true. I'd be happy if he did go 12, just to bump a better player down to us, but its not gonna happen.

Not trying to call you guys out, lets be logical however.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Tape won't tell you what round they will go in. LOL.
But if you was smart, NFL wise.. You'd kinda get a sense and feel of the correct round while watching them play.

I didn't like Derrick Morgan 1 bit last year, still don't due to tape. Looked lazy and screamed bust to me. Went out and tore his ACL his rookie year. I thought of him as a 2nd rounder. Happy he plays for the titans :)

Rice18

Reaction score
Yeah also to add. You don't just work out people to know if they are first round worthy.

Rice18

Reaction score
But if you was smart, NFL wise.. You'd kinda get a sense and feel of the correct round while watching them play.

I didn't like Derrick Morgan 1 bit last year, still don't due to tape. Looked lazy and screamed bust to me. Went out and tore his ACL his rookie year. I thought of him as a 2nd rounder. Happy he plays for the titans :)
Yeah I know you can get a feel of how they play in the NFL. I am saying it doesn't tell you were they will be picked though.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know how much goes into "working out" a player... It is probably worth their while just to do it for a bunch of reasons - they could find out that they like him more than they thought they did, evaluate him as a prospect round/draft slot wise, but almost as importantly just as a smoke screen. If he is being 'worked out' by the team picking 12th, and isn't expected to go until a good amount later, it could cause a bunch of things to happen.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Yeah I know you can get a feel of how they play in the NFL. I am saying it doesn't tell you were they will be picked though.
Where in the world do you see me say "You can get a feel of how they play in the NFL" You can get a feel of where they'll be selected by watching film.

Rice18

Reaction score
Where in the world do you see me say "You can get a feel of how they play in the NFL" You can get a feel of where they'll be selected by watching film.
I am basically saying you get a feeling of how they will play in the NFL, but I think that where they are selected is based on way more then their college footage.

TTN2810

Reaction score
If you don't think film tells what round they will go, you are lost.
How else do you decide where to take a guy? If he has nice hair?

I get all the hate on the Ponder pick, I do. And Kam, I get what you're saying. Me and Mooche both know it's not a logical pick at all. But for me, not every pick has to be logical. Even look at the 12th pick last year. The Chargers really needed a RB, so they took Mathews at 12, even though, they may have been able to get him at 28. The Vikes need a QB, and he's the best available.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
If you don't think film tells what round they will go, you are lost.
How else do you decide where to take a guy? If he has nice hair?

I get all the hate on the Ponder pick, I do. And Kam, I get what you're saying. Me and Mooche both know it's not a logical pick at all. But for me, not every pick has to be logical. Even look at the 12th pick last year. The Chargers really needed a RB, so they took Mathews at 12, even though, they may have been able to get him at 28. The Vikes need a QB, and he's the best available.
Matthews wasn't making it to where the Chargers picked. He was highly favored last year. The chargers jumped infront a bunch of teams who would have taken him.

TTN2810

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia..../2010_NFL_Draft

Ummm, no.
Maybe the Seahawks, but Thomas was too much a steal there.
And MAYBE Green Bay, but they were at 23. So they could have traded up to 20ish.

They knew they wanted him, and they weren't leaving the draft without him. And that's what you have to do.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia..../2010_NFL_Draft

Ummm, no.
Maybe the Seahawks, but Thomas was too much a steal there.
And MAYBE Green Bay, but they were at 23. So they could have traded up to 20ish.

They knew they wanted him, and they weren't leaving the draft without him. And that's what you have to do.
No.

It's easy to look back now and say "Hey, thats their guy, they traded away their draft and reached for him because they loved him.. nobody else wanted him" When that isn't even true around last year. I remember hearing Matthews to everywhere, like NewYork (was before Bradshaw blew up like he did) and alot of other places. The Vikings won't draft Ponder at 12, they just wont.

Only reason why the Chargers got the 12th pick last year was because the Dolphins wanted Tyson Alualu. They was planning to take him with the 12th overall pick, and once the Jaguars selected him (Which was the reason we didn't trade back to take him) the Dolphins moved out and got Jared Odrick.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Before Bradshaw broke out Jacobs was beasting. That was when he was the guy there.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Before Bradshaw broke out Jacobs was beasting. That was when he was the guy there.
No, because last year Jacobs was terrible. Reports were all around the league that hes "fallen off" Jacobs hasn't been as "Effective" since Derrick Ward left. Hes had 2 800 yard seasons, but in one year getting 3.7 YPC and and only grabbing 5 starts the year after. They was clearly looking for a RB.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can see a mock draft of this sort working out

Seems like you both thought rationally about this and sorted the picks out according to realistic situations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%